Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • I hope someone will record the show. So jealous of you hearing the new album for the first time. Why am I not there!!!!!  :-((
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

I hope someone will record the show. So jealous of you hearing the new album for the first time. Why am I not there!!!!!  :-((

As has been mention by Alison and us on Twitter AND on here too there will be no new material at tonight's show.

That is being saved for Manchester.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Alan said:

I hope someone will record the show. So jealous of you hearing the new album for the first time. Why am I not there!!!!!  :-((

As has been mention by Alison and us on Twitter AND on here too there will be no new material at tonight's show.

Oops, sorry. I'm confused. I know about the Manchester gig. But also for some reason, I thought Bristol was like a smaller preview of the album.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Sartori, we're in the stag & hounds.
  • Bristol is a preview/testrun of Somerset house.
  • Alan said:

Alan said:

Oops, sorry. I'm confused. I know about the Manchester gig. But also for some reason, I thought Bristol was like a smaller preview of the album.

No, just the opposite - Bristol is a little warm-up show for the festival shows that fit between Manchester and the tour later in the year.

Would still be great to be there tonight though!
  • Alan said:

Alan said:

No, just the opposite - Bristol is a little warm-up show for the festival shows that fit between Manchester and the tour later in the year.

Would still be great to be there tonight though!

Are you not going?
  • Alan said:

Are you not going?

Not tonight - I can't get tomorrow off work and it's a 600mile round trip from Newcastle to Bristol.

I'll be doing both nights at MIF though - wouldn't miss that for anything.
  • Alan said:

Are you not going?

Not tonight - I can't get tomorrow off work and it's a 600mile round trip from Newcastle to Bristol.

I'll be doing both nights at MIF though - wouldn't miss that for anything.

Now that I know Bristol won't feature Tales of Us, I don't feel as devastated.
  • First spot of the evening... Maus
  • You mean Ali's Maus??? She brought a dog with her???
  • So how much longer until the show starts? I've no clue as to what time it is over there across the pond. Right now it's 2:15pm in Canada. 

Just wanna wish you all well today at the show, have a blast, and cherish the event! The resurrection of Goldfrapp has begun! 
  • Yes Alison's maus. Should start in about an hour
  • @Slippage doors open at 7:30PM, Goldfrapp are on stage @ 8:15PM.

That translates into 2:30PM and 3:15PM your time.
  • ping said:

Yes Alison's maus. Should start in about an hour

Who's gonna watch after it when Ali's on stage? Or is the dog gonna be with her?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!