Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
DELUXE BOX - Updates & information
  • 1010 Comments sorted by
  • It'll be on time I reckon. I'm just still waiting to see if anything more gets included, the way the emails have been worded id assume so....
  • Rough Trade says the boxset is expected on the 2nd December http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/78337
  • Oh well we have waited for a while a little longer is not going to make much difference to me.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-11-06 01:36:57
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Hopefully that's just for Rough Trade / general public release, I'm praying that those who ordered from their official webstore get it on time
  • :-(

Can't believe all the films look like they may not be on the boxset?!
  • now that i've seen the 600 signed copies i can't resist anymore!
  • alison said on twitter.........
    goldfrapp ‏@goldfrapp
    What to do on a rainy afternoon....sign 600 art prints for the box-set! X
    ;)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Yeah that gets me thinking more that the December 2nd release date is just for a general public release.
    Post edited by Jo_ey at 2013-11-06 19:28:23
  • Im assuming she meant 500 unless there's something we don't know. Oh and didn't the listing say signed by Goldfrapp? Which implies Alison and Will, so he'd still need to sign.

Pineapple said:

:-(

Can't believe all the films look like they may not be on the boxset?!

Just means they have the option of selling it separate later on, potentially adding new films or maybe a live show or in an HD format. Even if nothings added having the option of selling it standalone is the more financially sensible move.
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-11-06 23:21:28
  • I emailed sandbag as I'd not received any updates since ordering in
    June, and they said "we're still set for a mid-November release"
  • rewak said:

Just means they have the option of selling it separate later on, potentially adding new films or maybe a live show or in an HD format. Even if nothings added having the option of selling it standalone is the more financially sensible move.

A very good point well made. I'd also add that at no point have they ever even inferred that the full film would ever be in the deluxe box - that was us, the fans wanting it to be. That's a very different thing.

They (Alison, Lisa, etc) certainly do seem to be treating the film as animal in it's own right judging by comments and steps so far. Not wanting the remaining films on that website ahead of them being seen in the context of the finished film, for example, and having the plans for the film launch almost separate from the albums life cycle.

In many ways I can see the logic of this - it means the work on the film doesn't get lost in the noise for the album release and, handily, the release of the film then gives a little refreshing push to people for the album.

Releasing the film in full only in the limited run of box sets would absolutely undermine the work taken to film and record it. Having a cinema and commercial release separate is a win from many angles.

Separate but still symbiotic.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  •  Not to be mercenary about it but they`d need to recoup the film costs as well , having an artistic vision is one thing , paying for its another . I`d agree with Rewak , but I don`t quite get the timing about this in order to make hay on it - a big cinema gig splurge promo do dah things ?

I do recall her saying something about a "one off" show after Xmas (?) in an interview recently , whether this ties in with her other note about a gig and showing the films after or not , who knows .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-11-07 15:16:42
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Jo_ey said:

What is Moog though

I want to say "a weird floating cartoon dog from Willo the Wisp" but that's so niche only about two people will get it. Ah, what the heck, I've said it now anyway!

'Like' 

:-)
  • Yeh a post album dvd release would be cool, again maybe with some other cheeky bits and bobs on it. Sweet!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!