Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 560 Comments sorted by
  • Bought some roses for my wife.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Got the Human Vinyl on ebay for $30 CDN. Came sealed in it's original shrink-wrapping from 2001, and is in pristine condition. Very impressed. And yes I have it framed already lol.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2013-06-22 20:11:53
  • Slippage said:

Got the Human Vinyl on ebay for $30 CDN. Came sealed in it's original shrink-wrapping from 2001, and is in pristine condition. Very impressed. And yes I have it framed already lol.

Never thought of framing vinyls, let alone owning one. Interesting idea actually. Might start one day.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I'd been meaning to get it for aaaaaages but finally have:-

That whole first side of "Supernature", "Sweet Drums" and "In The Smoke", complete with it's forewarning about GM-gone-wrong years before the idea of genetics even became real, is always stunning.

18 beautiful & bonkers minutes that, as we know, might just have had a bearing on a couple of people we usually have in mind :)
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-23 11:31:43
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Free face mask from Lush after taking 5 clean pots back. It's called The Sacred Truth https://www.lush.co.uk/product/419/The-Sacred-Truth-Fresh-Face-Mask
  • folklore said:

Free face mask from Lush after taking 5 clean pots back. It's called The Sacred Truth https://www.lush.co.uk/product/419/The-Sacred-Truth-Fresh-Face-Mask

Papaya is great for the skin. I rot the flesh in a jar and smear it on my face for a treatment every now and then. It probably doesn't smell anywhere near as sweet as your mask.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Vaseline
  • Alan said:

Vaseline

Is one of the worst things you can use on your skin. It was originally manufactured because sailors/riggers found that petroleum was healing to the their battered and chapped hands in its raw state. Using it cosmetically actually somehow tricks your skin into not secreting the natural oils necessary to remain healthy and flexible on its own. Basically, you become addicted to it. If you want a good natural softener, try straight organic shea butter or cocoa butter. Plant oils do not have the same dangerous effect on skin that petroleum products have.
  • iuventus said:

Alan said:

Vaseline

Is one of the worst things you can use on your skin. It was originally manufactured because sailors/riggers found that petroleum was healing to the their battered and chapped hands in its raw state. Using it cosmetically actually somehow tricks your skin into not secreting the natural oils necessary to remain healthy and flexible on its own. Basically, you become addicted to it. If you want a good natural softener, try straight organic shea butter or cocoa butter. Plant oils do not have the same dangerous effect on skin that petroleum products have.

Ouch, thanks for the info. 
  • Yep iuventus has good advice! Mineral oils are so bad. The face mask did smell sweet, maybe a bit too sweet, like really sugary licorice which was a bit odd.

Papaya is great as it contains dead skin eating enzymes, I like Lush Ultrabland as a cleanser to take off with a warm damp flannel, also good as a replacement for Vaseline :)
  • A friend of mine recommended baby oil. Gonna try that.
  • That's petroleum, A.
  • What do you recommend then, i?
  • Look above. You haven't said what you're usingbir for though.
  • A new home card for the new neighbours......
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!