Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 7731 Comments sorted by
  • Tickle

(test-tickle? Oh, please yourselves)
  • iuventus said:

Yes, it comes from the perfect past participle form of fodio, fodere: to dig, etc.

Never mind all that. Have you found that Saguaro sign yet? Up at the Westward Look, they have real Saquaros that are ringed around the outside with white lights. Coming from a country where such species are alien, they did look funny ! Oh, and the bullet holes in them (which, I believe, is illegal to use them as target practice ?)
    You have cacti; we have Goldfrapp, but we like to share !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Sorry, but I was restraining myself. I could go on and on about language and linguistics. Still haven't made my way to Meth Alley to catch that little bit of Americana. Naps take up quite a bit of my time.

It is, indeed, illegal to harm a saguaro in any way. You must get special permission, or maybe a permit, to remove one from your own property. Even then, it must be relocated rather than tossed aside or away. Are you sure they were bullet holes? Perhaps, someone was pulling your leg and referring you to bird holes.

Did you make your way to the Saguaro National Forest while you were here? In the right light, it looks like an army of giants chasing after your car.

... Feather
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I think we did.
    @Appy61. Ask Mrs Appy61 if we visited the Saquaro National Forest.
    We also visited the Joshua Tree National Park on that trip. Got some fantastic sunset pics on that day and they felt like giants with their arms up, which is how, I believe, they got their name from Mormon settlers who thought the outstretched limbs of the tree reminded them of Joshua from the Bible, with the trees limbs stretched upwards in prayer pointing them Westward. We then found out that 'the' Joshua tree from the front cover of the U2 album was never in the park at all, but was in Nevada on California state highway 190 and is, in fact, no longer there as it died about 10 years ago.

Oh, Lite
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-07-15 16:38:50
  • ...Brite (as in the LiteBrite, which i still own and used for an art project not too long ago, it's still fun)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • * I loved my LiteBrite. I think I could still sing the jingle. And Spirograph...and Etch-a-Sketch...

...Rainbow
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-07-15 16:59:55
  • Not sure we went to Saguaro National Park although we probably drove past it on the way to Tucson.

Spectrum
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • It's kinda outta the way.

...Autism
  • Artistic

The first time I heard of autism was when I was working for the cataloguing department of Southend-on-Sea public libraries in 1965-66.  The library bought a Swiss book about autistic children.  Because it was a foreign book, we couldn't order catalogue cards from the British National Bibliography.  So the library typist had to type the catalogue cards.  Evidently, she hadn't heard of autism either, because she typed 'Artistic Children'.
  • ^ And some might very well be. Cute
    Juventus, how about the SpiderMan stretch toy filled with jelly, do you remember that?
    License....
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-07-15 18:54:27
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • (To ) Kill

Mrs UT agrees that we did not go to the Saguaro NP. Seems odd as it is not that far out of Tucson and when we went to Tombstone, we carried on as far as Bisbee, which is considerably further on.
    Add it to the bucket list.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-07-15 18:54:41
  • * Do you mean Stretch Armstrong, A?

** It's not terribly fascinating, UT.

...Mockingbird
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-07-15 19:46:45

• Ring

Yes, Stretch Armstrong! But later they made one of Spidey. Back in 197Something my cousin Rey broke it and the jelly burst thru, of course we dared him to lick it, which he did with gusto. We're all still worried he may develop some weird in curable disease.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Anus

* My cousins had the stretchy Spidey and Hulk.
  • Oo where to go from that word lol! My bitchy streak is bubbling to burst!

Portal

We had a groovy red rubber octopus toy when we were kids, I loved it ( prob in a fetishistic way!). Seeing that pic that Alison posted nearly made me weep....I never did know where Ollie went, but clearly he lives and breathes and has great taste in women.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!