Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 135 Comments sorted by
  • I can see vinyl reissues stretching out the remaining time between now and album IX. 

• We should all start guessing...

B-Sides, unreleased and rare tracks compilation with accompanying mini tour?
  • It could just be that but coupled with the earlier Tweet about ‘It’s been a long time since we did a show’, I have my fingers and toes crossed!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • We should all start guessing...

B-Sides, unreleased and rare tracks compilation with accompanying mini tour?

It could just be that but coupled with the earlier Tweet about ‘It’s been a long time since we did a show’, I have my fingers and toes crossed!

Could be both if we're lucky. "The Singles" helped bridge the gap before, so perhaps "The B-Sides" and a little tour? 
    Post edited by Low at 2019-11-08 06:33:14

• Would they consider releasing some live footage? The Brixton gig definitely had lots of camera crew and they recorded the audience during some songs... It felt as if the stage was busier with camera operators than during other gigs...
    “The inexpressible depth of music, so easy to understand and yet so inexplicable, is due to the fact that it reproduces all the emotions of our innermost being, but entirely without reality and remote from its pain...Music expresses only the quintessence of life and of its events, never these themselves.”
    ― Oliver Sacks, Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain
  •  Been to a number of gigs where they have filmed the whole performance with multiple cameras and even told the audience that it was being filmed but no live footage has been released since Wonderful Electric.
    Who’s bookshelf is it cluttering?
  •  Been to a number of gigs where they have filmed the whole performance with multiple cameras and even told the audience that it was being filmed but no live footage has been released since Wonderful Electric.

Who’s bookshelf is it cluttering?

yyes, its hard to believe they'd have gone to the trouble and expense of filming those gigs without any purpose. Especially with Alisons enthusiasm for visual imagery. Its got to turn into something, sometime...
  • I can only hazard a guess that it's a label 'just incase' thing.  One for the old archives.

I also only just realised over a year later that my maths is rotten - this is album number eight, not nine.  I stupidly counted the remixes album.  Apologies to Julex for me arguing about it :D 
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2019-11-14 15:51:53
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Alison just confirmed via BBC6 Radio just now that there is no new material coming just yet. Will is doing his thing, Alison is doing hers. So it may be a while until we get another album from them.
  • Alison just confirmed via BBC6 Radio just now that there is no new material coming just yet. Will is doing his thing, Alison is doing hers. So it may be a while until we get another album from them.

I'll put bets on 2021

• Sad news on the next album front but glad to hear they are are taking the time to recharge creative batteries.
  • This is what we need from the Frapptastic Frapp now: https://youtu.be/sxejmXQeKjw
  • Getting a little antsy... maybe we won’t be getting any new Goldfrapp ever... :(
  • From what I’ve seen and heard from her, there is no suggestion of her hanging up the mike just yet. She’s certainly talking about next year past the Felt Mountain 20th (21st) anniversary gigs and being at next years Glastonbury and other places she want’s to play. I see the same prelude as that into Silver Eye; the collecting of photos and travel to experience different environments. She’s been holed up near us on the Essex/Suffolk border during lockdown (we can spot the backdrop in some of her photos, particularly the video where she is swimming in the river) and it’s that that stokes up her creative juices.
    Everything’s been put back but that’s a v creative team and they can’t help themselves but to be, well, creative!
  • I wonder if that exposure to nature may lead her back towards a 7th Tree type of project?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!