Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 245 Comments sorted by
  • iuventus said:

To 'rave' can mean to be enthusiastic about something, or to be angry (yes, i looked it up, to confirm).

So i guess you can swing either way in this

The purpose of this thread is to offer an alternative to the whine-bitch-moan RAAAANT thread.

In other words , practically every other thread on the forum . Kaboom , irony causes universe to implode .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I doubt that the creators of 'every other thread on the forum' take the RANT thread into account when creating theirs; though, I could be wrong. Either way, ironic? Or simply unrelated?

No matter, after a tough week of dealing with irrational, irresponsible parents, I had a fun time supervising students with their Hallowe'en decorating contest this afternoon.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Happy Halloween (~~)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Jozzy81 said:

Happy Halloween (~~)

I love redundancy!
  • ^ i don't lol
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Through your redundancy, you have moved a step closer to your true, unlimited self. Fact.
  • OK , I believe I am starting to understand the difference now. Sometimes I don't have a clue as to what you guys are talking about (blame my poor education in English language).

What I DO know is that I am redundant in many ways. Which feels great. This allowes me to be more of a RAAAAAAAVE!!!! person than a RAAAAAAANTTTTTT!!! person. Like that very much. ;-)

• By redundancy I just meant that I really like Hallowe'en.
  • iuventus said:

The purpose of this thread is to offer an alternative to the whine-bitch-moan RAAAANT thread.

Hooray!  So does that mean I'm redundant (jk)?
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-10-31 07:43:26
  • There's enough redundancy for everyone.
  • iuventus said:

By redundancy I just meant that I really like Hallowe'en.

DAMN. I misunderstood you there. For a moment I thought I would come closer to my true, unlimited self by making myself redundant... ;-)
  • making myself redundant... ;-)

Cloning? 

Redundancy, the new enlightenment!!
  • I sure hope you are not offended, Iuventus.  It's just we are having such fun with the term "redundant"!  I don't know why, but it truly caught me in my funny bone.  That doesn't partcularly mean what I"m writing is amusing, though I hope so.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-10-31 17:33:29
  • For anyone unfamiliar with this, there is a well know English expression "rant and rave" which means something like "shout and complain angrily and at length."

So I guess we could technically rant here too! (Just joking, I know it is meant to be an alternative to the Rant thread)

@Jeronimoo: You might find this interesting. The origin of rant is Dutch i.e.
    ranten - late 16th century (in the sense 'behave boisterously').

Or so I'm lead to believe.
    Post edited by Archway at 2013-10-31 17:51:38
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • My picture of Raaaanttttt and Raaaaaave is getting clearer and clearer, Arch. Though the "Dutch" word ranten doesn't mean anything to me (but then again, I don't live in the late 16th century).

But thanks to Whick I now know something else: people have a Funny Bone. I didn't know that, but will look for mine from now on. Like that thought. ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!