Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Vinyls
  • With the current revival that is still ongoing for vinyls, I decided to look into getting a couple of Goldfrapp ones for myself to place on my wall along with some I already have.  I then proceeded to find out that a pressing of Felt Mountain comes in at £40...

Does anyone here already have a Goldfrapp vinyl?  And if so, which one(s)?  And will you be getting G7 on that format? 
    ~O)  
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-01-03 08:54:55
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • 35 Comments sorted by
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Paid $120 CDN for a sealed 180gm Supernature Vinyl, and $80 for Black Cherry. But honestly, they're impossible to find in decent condition. Good luck finding Seventh Tree and original Felt Mountain - the latter especially due to the damned annoying RSD rerelease. 

No regrets.

I made up for it by nicking Lovely Head, their first ever release, on vinyl from some odd little site for $6 CDN. Beautiful condition and even came with a page of handwritten haikus wishing peace and happiness, funnily enough. 

As it stands, my collection is as follows on vinyl:

Lovely Head
    Human (sealed)
    Strict Machine
    Black Cherry
    Number 1
    Supernature (sealed)
    Head First (one sealed, one open)
    Tales of Us (one sealed from Deluxe set, one open)

Add to that the array of signed things and press-related things (including the Little Red Book, ToU signed deluxe edition from A+W, Head First Cassette sleeve signed by A+W and professionally framed with HF CD and Rocket single square poster, and complete Black Cherry press kit with stickers!), and one might think I've gone quite mad. 

Or broke. Or both.

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-03 14:57:34
  • I now have all the albums on vinyl and all except FM original pressings bought at the time of release. I do now have two FM vinyls, the RSD release which I got from Ameoba in San Francisco on red vinyl, and the 180g release from a year ago on white vinyl.
    £40 for FM is cheap as before the RSD release Galean, one of these commonly sold for £160.
    Yes, G7 will be purchased on vinyl. I am a massive vinyl fan, but hope to shed a few pounds now we are post Christmas ( boom, boom).
    I got the Radiohead special pressing of a Moon Shaped Pool as a Christmas present. The one with the section of master tape wrapped around it and the album cut at half speed onto 2 180g discs. I've just stared at it so far!
    Also have recently acquired the Human League Anthology on vinyl and the Black Sabbath Cruciform quadruple Ultimate collection.
    Mmm.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Nice collection guys!  Didn't realise the vinyls were so sought after all these years.  I managed to buy two EP's of Seal's a couple years back for a grand total of £11 inc. postage - both from the early 1990s.  You'd have thought with the nature of Goldfrapp's later albums e.g. Supernature & Head First, digital lossless would have been preferable.  

Were any of the albums ever released on SACD?
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-01-04 05:34:55
  • I have the last re-issue of Felt Mountain (white version), also Head First and ToU. Besides I have the singles from Seventh tree and Boys will be boys. I believe that's all....

And yes, I'm going to get #7 in that format :)))

SACD? I don't believe so... Some albums were released in DVD as 5.1 DTS. :)
  • I do love vinyl, but I never recovered from 13th November 1978, when I waited outside the record shop in Oxford High Street at 8.30am to get Siouxsie and The Banshees "The Scream". I biked straight home with it - a promptly dropped the needle, hard, onto side one. The scratch ruined the opening of "Overground", and I had to bike straight back to the shop to get another copy. £2.99 wasted!
  • i remember when this forum was all fields.....
  • I love the forums eclectic nature. You have something you wanna discuss? Bring it here. And we all love Goldfrapp, so have that unifying ideal that binds us.
    I talk a lot of shit !
  • ^ Yep!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Appy61 said:

^ Yep!

It's catching !
  • It's different to a lot of forums that i'm used to, but is a nice collection of like-minded, civilised people.  The fact the rules aren't so strict makes it more homely too.

It's just ridiculously hard to join ;))
  • If anyone lives in North London or nearby Flashback Records (N8 shop) have a near mint copy of Felt Mountain (original pressing, 2000) going for £79, which is sure a lot, but I've seen it going for at least twice that.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • whispered said:

I do love vinyl, but I never recovered from 13th November 1978, when I waited outside the record shop in Oxford High Street at 8.30am to get Siouxsie and The Banshees "The Scream". I biked straight home with it - a promptly dropped the needle, hard, onto side one. The scratch ruined the opening of "Overground", and I had to bike straight back to the shop to get another copy. £2.99 wasted!

£2.99 doesn't sound a great deal now (depending on certain factors) but was equivalent to around £12 today.
    But can money ever be wasted where a Siouxsie record is concerned? ;)

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• £2.99 doesn't sound a great deal now (depending on certain factors) but was equivalent to around £12 today.
    But can money ever be wasted where a Siouxsie record is concerned? ;)

Well quite. I had to plan carefully which albums to buy in those days - but I didn't mind going without food for a week to get The Scream on the day of release.
  • i still wish they released the singles collection via vinyl.

i keep begging matt maitland to show any other artwork he created for the vinyl release before it was pulled. he's coy :p

I have a small collection of vinyl. most of it Goldfrapp. i treated myself to Air's Virgin Suicides vinyl box set which is just beautiful.

The Virgin Suicides (Image 1)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!