Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • IMHO, for what it's worth, I've gone through life finding that the tunes- and the people- who I wasn't instantly drawn to stuck around the longest, had the hidden depths, revealed their magic slowly and enflamed either the deepest passion or at least love or admiration.You'll be amazed to hear that I have only played both Anymore and Ocean about ten times each to date. I want to hear the whole album while it all sounds fresh and let all the tracks age at the same rate if you know what I mean. I think this will be an album needing to be heard kind of like a concept album. That's why I'm reserving comment on anything for now!! Which is not to say not I'm not delighted with the new sound, I would rather choose my words carefully before I splutter them ! ( and yes, I still need to get working on those marriage vows!).
  • KatRobin said:

IMHO, for what it's worth, I've gone through life finding that the tunes- and the people- who I wasn't instantly drawn to stuck around the longest, had the hidden depths, revealed their magic slowly and enflamed either the deepest passion or at least love or admiration.You'll be amazed to hear that I have only played both Anymore and Ocean about ten times each to date. I want to hear the whole album while it all sounds fresh and let all the tracks age at the same rate if you know what I mean. I think this will be an album needing to be heard kind of like a concept album. That's why I'm reserving comment on anything for now!! Which is not to say not I'm not delighted with the new sound, I would rather choose my words carefully before I splutter them ! ( and yes, I still need to get working on those marriage vows!).

Based on that post I'd say your vows are going to turn out just fine.

• KatRobin said:

...You'll be amazed to hear that I have only played both Anymore and Ocean about ten times each to date...

Do I get sentenced to the depths of hell if I, personally, am not amazed? :P
    Soon be nothing of this world.

• KatRobin said:

You'll be amazed to hear that I have only played both Anymore and Ocean about ten times each to date.

I played them 10 times combined #notweak
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • LuDux said:

KatRobin said:

You'll be amazed to hear that I have only played both Anymore and Ocean about ten times each to date.

I played them 10 times combined #notweak

I broke my self-imposed ban on Frapp for Ocean, but it were only 9 plays so it doesn't count ;) Actually I didn't listen to much music at all during last month. Now I'm preparing for the Grand Premiere ;)

Post edited by Turqs at 2017-03-12 19:26:29
  • Thing is, both tunes are firmly implanted in the grey matter already. This is my tantric approach to music again- hell, we've waited patiently for this new album so a few more days won't kill me! I shall savour every little synth crackle, ripple and pop plus Alison's growling / purring all in one big aural frenzy!!
    ( pass the manacles and scarves lol!).
  • Ocean in particular has lodged itself in my brain! Almost from the first play it went in and stuck there.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • So it's like two weeks left?
  • March 31st, so two weeks from Friday at midnight.

We're getting there. I'd imagine any pre-ordered physical copies will be dispatched within a week at most. Hopefully some of us get ours a little early!
  • And still no leak. Silver Eye - the winner of Amelia Earhart Competition
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • That's such a striking, imposing image — I'm guessing it's the poster insert for the vinyl. I love her photography so very much. It deserves as much recognition as the music. The millisecond she announces a coffee table book of her photography, I'll hammer my credit card through the screen.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-15 23:27:43
  • Anybody know what kind of plant/tree she's holding? Almost looks like a small olive tree-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Does anyone else get 'Burning Bush' in the symbolism of that photo?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!