Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • @Uban_Tribesman Ah yes! Still a nice arrangement visually with all the 1s and 7s :) 

@Low Ha, so true! I remember reading about the backlash from that

It's funny (sort of) now but at the time it was a music fan's closest thing to torture! I like that he dropped the album all at once but the lead up to it was almost excruciating.

Almost the same story with Gorillaz. Started hyping up new material since September, and now it's January and still no sign it's any closer. You can't rush art, I know... but you can decide when you announce it 

:P

• I'd quite like a little teaser, first.  Something along the lines of what was done for Seventh Tree where they used a loop of clowns on the website;

Soon be nothing of this world.
  • There's a saying, "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."  You're not going to affect the date, so why get stressed about? Just celebrate the fact that a new Goldfrapp has a new playlist is coming out.  Stress is the number one killer, don't do it to yourself.
  • It comes when it comes. Chill, kick back and don't fret!

Yes.  And, speaking of chill...

If that doesn't chill you, there's something wrong with you.  Or, you're hammered on scotch, whichever comes first.  I tend to get wired.  Okay, I'll shutup now...
  • I couldn't agree more. When it's here, it's here. Getting upset will only make the wait longer. Even though I question the point in stringing this wait out, I know it'll be worth the test placed upon our patience.

They always deliver because they always do so from their hearts.
  • I feel like this release definitely requires patience but I am very interested in the way that it has been so secretive compared to the last one. Beyond the one (MOJO) blurb, there's been a lot less confirmation and explanation about this album compared to Tales of Us (from the likes of Alison herself). At this point I think it has made me a little more excited but I can't lie and say I wouldn't be way more excited for an album trailer/sample/single. Hopefully there is a small sample, like the last few maybe even a snippet on Instagram with the next teaser in the very least, to come soon.
    Post edited by glenolabar at 2017-01-17 03:29:04
  • Gaelen said:

I'd quite like a little teaser, first.  Something along the lines of what was done for Seventh Tree where they used a loop of clowns on the website;

That is fab, isn't it? Listening to that, you just knew the album was going to be spectacular.

Reminds me - it's been said often- of that early phase where they did Xmas messages and so on. It felt like a personal connection to fans. Its curious that although Alison probably puts more time into her twitters and FB posts than they ever did with those shorts - and her pix are stunning -  they don't feel as personal, somehow.
  • I feel like this release definitely requires patience but I am very interested in the way that it has been so secretive compared to the last one. Beyond the one (MOJO) blurb, there's been a lot less confirmation and explanation about this album compared to Tales of Us (from the likes of Alison herself). At this point I think it has made me a little more excited but I can't lie and say I wouldn't be way more excited for an album trailer/sample/single. Hopefully there is a small sample, like the last few maybe even a snippet on Instagram with the next teaser in the very least, to come soon.

If you take a certain exchange on Alison's twitter this morning literally, then it very may well be.

• Low said:

(...) Hopefully there is a small sample, like the last few maybe even a snippet on Instagram with the next teaser in the very least, to come soon.

If you take a certain exchange on Alison's twitter this morning literally, then it very may well be.

Well spotted!
    Post edited by kaleb20 at 2017-01-17 05:45:19
  • whispered said:

Gaelen said:

That is fab, isn't it? Listening to that, you just knew the album was going to be spectacular. 

Yes!  It's the right way to do the lead up to an album in my opinion, that or giving us snippets from the studio via something like Instagram.  Imagine they had done it for each album?  Black Cherry could have had the sub-bass of Strict Machine on loop, Supernature could have had the ebb and flow of Let It Take You, so on so forth. 

As for what you mentioned Low, I noticed that.  "Ok" with a peace emoji, was either "STFU already" or "As you wish"...
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Then again if you can't stand people asking for more, don't tease. Easy as that. :p
    So I guess it's rather "Your wish be my command".

Btw, I'm part-time Head of Social Media myself (hate that term), and I did some of those teasing campaigns as well. It is said, that you'd usually stretch those teasing periods no longer than 2-3 weeks, otherwise attention might easily get lost. Unless you're Daft Punk or whatsoever. So yeah... 

As stated by several others before, I'm glad there is something new approaching at all! :)
    So whenever, wherever. I'm happy. 
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2017-01-17 05:57:09
    Be patient.
  • Gaelen said:

(...)

As for what you mentioned Low, I noticed that.  "Ok" with a peace emoji, was either "STFU already" or "As you wish"...

If it was "STFU" she could have said something like "In due time" or something....

I believe that a snippet is coming :)
  • Yeah I mean a few years ago I would have believed it to be a "STFU" (I remember not long ago when someone told her to hurry up with new material she responded with something like "Really don't need this!"), however that "ok" really just seems like a "yeah mate, sounds fair".
    Post edited by Low at 2017-01-17 05:55:47

• I saw the same tweet and was literally just about to post it. It does seem like Alison may be pissed off with the comment, but the way she liked the guys tweet too makes it seem positive!!? We live in hope... it's been a week since the last teaser image! 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!