Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Spare Llama available for dinner party entertainment
  • 440 Comments sorted by
  • You did the right thing by supporting your ex partner!! Too many senior people trying to protect kids from things they should know in reason? How old were the children?

I agree. Teaching is becoming ever more stressful and it's no fun when you just live for the holidays.
  • Thanks Iuv for the virtual valentine gift! :x
    I feel a teaching rant coming on, but in honour of the llamas and my own sanity, I’m putting my weapon down and backing away slowly from my own inner winge monster.
  • I've been subbing more lately than I have in a while. The lack of effort and progress is disheartening. It's assured me that I made the right decision to leave my own clasroom.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • You mean pupil progress and effort? What do you put that down to?
  • A circus is in town and has pitched quite near to where we live. A sad camel is all alone in the field. Now where are me bolt cutters....
  • On the subject of circuses, who here is here and who against? I’m vehemently against.
  • Anything in particular?  Clowns can freak me out.
  • Just the exploitation and incarceration of animals. No I know that’s going to open up an argument about pet keeping, but it’s the fact that circus animals are taken so far from their natural habitats / climate zones and bullied to perform tricks which makes modern audiences no better than medieval animal baiting spectators. How can a camel, a desert dwelling animal, possibly be happy sitting in a Lincolnshire field all alone in February, not to mention all the hours spent on the road etc etc. I wouldn’t go to a circus if you paid me. As for clowns, they’re puerile and pointless in my view. I never liked slapstick even as a kid. I just feel that circuses are a bit of an anachronism now, but clearly others don’t, going on the cars parked nearby.
  • I like the history of circus's but I think they are anachronistic in the 21st century to be honest. Animal welfare is a far hotter potato than it was when I was a kid but, then again, that was so long ago life was all in 2D and black and white!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Do you remember being able to tell the colors, even though it was black and white?
  • I would simply take whomever manages the circus and tie him to a steel post and make him perform for me. If he disobeys, he gets the cattle prod. Simples.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-02-17 15:13:06
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Just many shades of grey WW, then the 60's and, Bam, Colour!
  • I swear I could tell if something was red or blue or green.
  • I knew when Dorothy landed in Oz.

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I knew it when Annabel put on that dress!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!