Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • Fun to follow that set of thoughts.  I ended up on the wiki for iridescent.  I never really thought about the fact that soap bubble and peacock feathers change colors.  Another one, to me, that is fascinating is Mandelbrot fractals.  There is one corollary of that  which is near and dear to my heart.
  • Did you see the picture of the Jack Russell whose left ear black spots exactly replicated its whole face? I guess that's a fractal too! If I were clever I'd post a link, but I'm not. So try to imagine it! :o3
  • ^No, but I've seen Jesus in a dog's arse

http://incrediblethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/jesus-dog-butt.jpg
  • Kat, can't you just paste the link in the message rather than getting fancy?  That's what i often do.
  • Fabulous programme on BBC Radio 4 this morning about how menopause has evolved in mammals. The main argument is that old females pass on more genes if, when they get old, they stop breeding themselves and instead concentrate on helping their sons and daughters reproduce.

Its on iplayer and called "The Whale Menopause" (it concentrates on Orca research).

Proper public service broadcasting.
  • I could try that WW yes. Gimme a week.
    Whispered- reminds me of that pic I posted of my poor humiliated dogs posterior in the old Romance thread. I haven't been arrested....yet.
  • While we're on the subject of seeing images in woodwork, clouds, pizza etc- I can see an image of a friendly sloth looking up at me from our downstairs loo's floor. Guess I'll have to get my camera out ( no more smut there UT, I'm warning you).
  • There is a gag about a reflection that I will avoid !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yay! I've been worried about the lack of hares in March this year, but boing! They're back and boxing in the fields behind our house.
  • ^ They're just in time for Easter! :p I saw two elegant Kites flying the preserve area. They looked beautifully sharp in the sky, swooping and gliding with their deeply forked tails. If birds can look dashing, these fellows certainly do. Probably on the hunt for apple snails-

Ps. @whisperit I PM'd you ;)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

• Look what this monkey does after his friend was electrocuted on a power line-

U R I E L
  • I've seen this clip before- it's very heartwarming and throat lump inducing isn't it?
  • This clip is well known now, but it complements PG's post nicely.

• KatRobin said:

I've seen this clip before- it's very heartwarming and throat lump inducing isn't it?

Both clips well me up inside. It's that caring instinct that is so badly needed today. It's such a redeeming emotion.
    U R I E L
  • Too right but I fear it's too late in our world. Sickeningly a young 23 year old British girl was stabbed to death in Jurusalem by a maniac Palestinian man.

And people will just sat 'oh but he is mentally unstable". I'm sick of this feeble excuse. Why the he'll was this man allowed out of the mental hospital?!

The poor girl is question was an exchange student from The University of Birmingham. My cousin is 23. Can you imagine getting a telephone call saying your cousin has been murdered abroad.

It's truly and utterly sickening. I'm sorry to say this but i will say it anyway.

Capital punishment NEEDS to be brought back. Hang draw and quarter these murderers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!