Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • If you have really spent an hour photo shopping that to prove a point then you are a very sad man lol. But I love it all the same.
  • ^there's a lot more where they come from, Kat.
  • Meanwhile, did anyone else see the first episode of Planet Earth II?

I'm pretty hardened to nature's scariness, but the baby Marine Iguanas v the Racer Snakes has been giving me nightmares. (if you look on iplayer it starts around the 20' mark)
  • Started with my programme of fattening up the garden birds this morning. I bought a bunch of new feeders and a shitload of seed. I thought I was saving for my retirement. Turns out I was saving up to help three Blue Tits and a Robin make it through the winter.
  • Catherine watched that and told me all about the racer snakes. Like I've said before, I cannot watch nature programmes, I'm too sensitive. I support a truck load of animal charities but can't cope with knowing too much.
  • Suck it up softies. This is adorable and a band-aid for these difficult times.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Maybe I should put one of those monstrosities in our garden cos the hedgehog box hasn't attracted any occupants yet!
  • Just one of the neighborhood Peacocks. He shed his tail feathers-

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

He's begging for a piece of my chocolate bar here, haha.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • One nice thing about Peacock Plumage, is that the males molt their tail feathers annually- much like a snake shedding its skin. There's no need to kill the bird for his feathers, they're just collected as they molt! Nice
    U R I E L
  • I remember seeing a wild Peacock flying when I was on holiday in India many years ago. One of the strangest things I've ever seen.
  • I think I've mentioned before that a local village has a family of peacocks living half-feral there- one or two of them are white. I thought I saw a ghost when I saw one sitting up in the tree.
  • The first real frost of the winter today and the garden is filled with birds. A gorgeously pink Bullfinch has just popped in. Just waiting for the Peacocks now.
  • i love nature and all, but....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/63/0e/cc/630eccfd9b343688c450e0e235d7218b.jpg
    Post edited by whispered at 2016-11-29 10:00:48
  • ....at least it's not on a toilet seat.
    U R I E L
  • It's no good standing on the seat, the crabs in here can jump 6 feet!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!