Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • Ponygurl said:

Wow, nude swimming in a mountain lake in Snowdonia...wasn't sure where to put this, but here will do-

https://www.vimeo.com/134002940

The lakes featured are Llyn Idwal and Llyn Padarn. It's not all gorgeous sirens in there - I've paddled in Idwal and swum naked in Padarn, but I don't think anyone would want to see a video of me doing it. She also didn't mention the little fish that nibble at your bits  
  • Ponygurl said:

Wow, nude swimming in a mountain lake in Snowdonia...wasn't sure where to put this, but here will do-

https://www.vimeo.com/134002940

Wow ! beautiful film. I'm soft and not a big fan of getting into cold water but if you could get into this lake, it must be fantastic.
    Did anyone else think Natasha looked like a Mermaid?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I mean she's shivering even before getting in! Her nips must be like rocks! I find the 76F water in the Springs here cold! I would definitely do it though, although I'd have a nice fire going to warm by upon getting out...and to make S'mores. (Of course)

@whisperit Maybe you should film a 'Merman' video? 'The Merman of Snowdonia'..rated R, for obvious reasons.

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Aside to WW- yep, just bamboo canes and plastic bottles on top. And wind helps. I found a dead mole while dog walking the other day, very plump and velvety it was, poor thing. I could never hurt one. I thought of posting it to UT but respectfully moved it under a hedge. What a softie I am.
  • That'll do. Go back in a couple of weeks when nature and weevils have done their work and post me the bones.
    :x
  • Just the head will do !
  • Might start a whole new thread just for you UT-Freak Of Nature! It was on Lincoln Common, so I'd have to make a special journey, the things I do for my perverse friends......
  • An afternoon in Silver..this is a favorite place of mine-

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

A Black Swan, a night swan..swimming the city-

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • That's rather lovely, PG. I've been walking by the river near me a lot this last few weeks. On Sunday, Kingfishers, Dippers, Sand Martins, Little Egrets and a Green Sandpiper came to say hello (or more realistically, flew off shouting, "Agggh! Let's get out of here!"). The Sandpiper is always a sign that the height of the summer has passed, and the migratory birds are feeding up, getting ready to return to Africa.  
  • I've had lots of opportunity to watch the birds at my garden feeder this year. The secret is to keep the feeder topped up every day, so that they make a visit as part of their daily routine.

Haven't had anything unusual, but there is constant activity and interest. And the mix of specoies has changed as the birds get used to the regular supply. At first, it was just the local Tits and Robin, but now the finch flocks have moved in to dominate. I reckon daily visitor numbers are:

Chaffinches - about 40 birds
    Greenfinches - 10 -12
    Blue, Coal and Great Tits - 6-10 individuals of each
    Blackbirds - three or four
    Jackdaws and Wood Pigeons - up to half a dozen
    Dunnocks, Magpies and Collared Doves - one or two
    Nuthatch, Goldfinch and Siskin - just odd individuals

A small party of Long Tailed Tits passes through every couple of days, but they show no interest in the feed. I think they are just picking off little spiders and bugs on the bushes. The odd Wren, too.
  • Interesting whisperit - I've made a note of the different birds frequenting our garden over the years - the list is quite extensive. 

Blue Tit
    Great Tit
    Green Finch
    Blackbird
    Robin - very tame
    Thrush
    Sparrow
    Starling
    Pigeon
    Collard Dove
    Crow
    Green Woodpecker
    Pied Wagtail
    House Martin
    Wren
    Herron
    Mallard Duck
    Partridge
    Jackdaw
    Barn Owl
    Sparrow Hawk
    Jay
    Pheasant

Here's a couple of mates from our bird table

What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Good pics Appy! And Barn Owl and Partridge are cracking garden birds.

My favourite garden birds are the predators - Tawny, rather than Barn, Owl, and Sparrowhawks. There is often a Buzzard or two overhead, and in early summer, the odd Red Kite. When I die, I plan to be raised up on a platform so they can drop in and pick my bones clean. If the cat doesn't get to me first.
    Post edited by whisperit at 2015-12-27 12:46:25
  • UT had the Barn Owl nesting in the roof of his house extension before it was finished - touch and go whether the roof covering could go on before the end of the breading season! We have a reasonably large plot for the UK surrounded by open farm land so we get accidental guests from time to time. We often see the outer share of Buzzards on our annual French trip. Here's a picture of a Vulture I took in Arizona which could help with your funeral arrangements!

What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • That's a Zoroastrian practice; also practiced by the native Indians of America, and is referred to as a Tower of Silence ! The process of having your bones picked clean is called excarnation. It will leave some cracking skulls!
    Every day's a school day !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-12-27 14:14:53
  • A Tower of Silence is known in Parsis as Dakhma. Apparantly, a dramatic fall in the Vulture numbers are threatening this form of disposal of loved ones remains.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!