• 1197 Comments sorted by
  • TALES OF US

OFFICIALLY 45 DAYSTO GO!!!!!

Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • thank god for that.
    "its MY favourite song"
  • A month and half. Can't wait to get my hands on the album <3
  • I can't wait to hear it!! I hope Alison releases another video before the album comes out :)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • TALES OF US
    OFFICALLY 44 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Nice cheers Jozzy so approx 6 weeks is another way to look at it :x
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • FORGET THE LEAK!!!!!

TALES OF US

OFFICALLY 42 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I'm just curious how much of a countdown you are willing to do, Jozzy, as it gets closer.  Hours, minutes? Seconds?  I mean, much more important than any old rocket ship.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-29 17:02:51
  • Sorry grumpy tatt. Too hot for me this week:(

I thought that everything you said Tatt was spot on.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.

• Sorry grumpy tatt. Too hot for me this week:(

I thought that everything you said Tatt was spot on.
    Less grumpy now as it has cooled down at last. Phew!

With ref. to my point I am still a bit grumpy as NOBODY on here has yet explained/justified why the press had to have the album sooooo early! I mean it's not like they are worried about first week chart position are they? Do they want all the press to hear it weeks before the public for specific reason? Is it about timing, summer holidays/school?

Just think it's odd we are all feeling sorry for Frapp but not asking why they did it this way when it doesn't seem to really benefit any of us.

Also a leak a week before the release will be just die-hard fans desperate to hear it, but 6 weeks ahead it will end up on boards and downloaded by passers by. Hardly helping the cause.

Someone has just said on the leak thread that the Bowie album is the only recent album they remember not leaking. That's because nobody knew a bloody thing about it!!!!! The single just came out of nowhere... it was great. Nobody was expecting it. Didn't hurt his sales did it.

• The good thing about the box set (assuming that people can afford it) is that it is something to look forward to (even if its being sent out later than the actual release date).  In that instance it doesn't matter if you've already heard or downloaded it legally or illegally as they still get a nice chunk of cash and we get something to treasure forever.  I'm going to wait for the official MP3's but then I'm a little bit too "square" for my own good sometimes.

However, it would be nice if the remaining fans/members of the public would walk into their local record store/supermarket and purchase the actual album.  The early press release does nothing to help or support this.  I remain as baffled as you tatt.
  • The good thing about the box set (assuming that people can afford it) is that it is something to look forward to (even if its being sent out later than the actual release date).  In that instance it doesn't matter if you've already heard or downloaded it legally or illegally as they still get a nice chunk of cash and we get something to treasure forever.  I'm going to wait for the official MP3's but then I'm a little bit too "square" for my own good sometimes.

That is actually the one good thing to come out of the digital revolution. Bands have had to put more effort into creating something special to hold in your hands. Something you can't nick off the internet.

I mean a crummy, fragile jewel case and some lazy inlay artwork is hardly an incentive to buy an album you have already downloaded. Make it beautiful and worth spending £10 on! I tend to be much more motivated if the album has a digi-pack release.

Mind you They should do a mid-price special aswell as the £80 job. :/
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-07-29 17:50:37
  • It happened because mute were in charge.
  • I'm just curious how much of a countdown you are willing to do, Jozzy, as it gets closer.  Hours, minutes? Seconds?  I mean, much more important than any old rocket ship.

No W just going to do days, hours & seconds would be to much..... unless i get 20+ requests...
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • folklore said:

It happened because mute were in charge.

Are you not a fan of mute?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!