Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • i know this place is a coffin at times
    but NO ONE is discussing the Black Genocide happening before our eyes in AmeriKKKa?

SMH 

• 50 Comments sorted by
  • On a little more postive note...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2015/07/25/the-power-slow-thinking/ToZbzYl7rG0yVMCtsZ7WnJ/story.html

Get to the part about "Becoming a man" in Chicago.

I am a strong proponent of slow thinking but, for the purpose of the thread, it's more about Chicago.

By the way, I got all three correct and it took seconds....

If you are in Britain, can't read it and care to, let me know, I'll paste it in.

And, the author was completely wrong about "Blink".  The book, "Blink" is about  thinking over a span of decades.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2015-07-27 20:10:49
  • To me the thread title is rhetorical, but I hesitate to say anything as This thread could get so political. I hope no one on here would possibly think differently.
  • I thought we all just agreed that they do and didn't have to make a thread about it, like literally every other part of the internet. It's a horrible horrible thing, but it gets you really down after a while. If talking about it would change anything I would never shut up, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening.

• Low said:

If talking about it would change anything I would never shut up, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening.

Very well stated.  If someone would like to talk about solutions for any of mankind's problems, I would love it.  And, I do mean real solutions, not just stop-gaps, bandaids and baling wire which is all that mankind is attempting at this point.  It seems that is too distracting, though.  Talk is cheap, and just reiterating the horrification over all of the ills and stupidities of mankind is a waste of my time.  We could fill pages with those.  By the way, I probably made up "horrification".
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2015-07-28 08:22:03
  • Low said:

If talking about it would change anything I would never shut up, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening.

Very well stated.  If someone would like to talk about solutions for any of mankind's problems, I would love it.  And, I do mean real solutions, not just stop-gaps, bandaids and baling wire which is all that mankind is attempting at this point.  It seems that is too distracting, though.  Talk is cheap, and just reiterating the horrification over all of the ills and stupidities of mankind is a waste of my time.  We could fill pages with those.  By the way, I probably made up "horrification".

You may very well have, but you hit the nail on the head. When these stories are posted, all that follows are endless comment sections and posts with people arguing all over eachother. It goes: Strong opinion -> Abusive counter opinion -> retaliation -> full scale argument involving 20 or more people. 
    It is the same thing every time. People saying what needs to be done, what should have been done, how it could have been prevented, but it doesn't matter. The fact that people can't see that they're just repeating their mistakes is the saddest of all. How long before everyone just takes action instead of spitting bile at eachother from the other end of a screen, after waking up to yet another devastating story about shootings and mass killings? I just don't understand it. 

• Low said:

Low said:

same thing every time

It seems you've visited the same on-line communities that I have.
  • The line is a comment on how the developed white world the value lives of people from different cultures,races as apposed to their own kind/colour (?) ... so why stop there.

Migrant Lives Matter!

Palestian Lives Matter!

African Lives Matter!

....I could go on!!

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2015-07-29 06:34:51
  • The line is a comment on how the developed white world the value lives of people from different cultures,races as apposed to their own kind/colour (?) ... so why stop there.

Migrant Lives Matter!

Palestian Lives Matter!

African Lives Matter!

....I could go on!!

Exactly. It should be just common knowledge that all life matters. If we have to start questioning it... well, that doesn't bode too well for us, does it?

• Funny, too, as an American politician was lampooned for saying exactly that:  lives matter.  And, it is so exactly right, in an existential way.
  • I am not against the statement 'Black Lives Matter', btw. It's just such an emotional statement to use.

I get why it is being used. I also think using the statement 'All Lives Matter' is correct. BUT I think by using 'All Lives Matter' as a reply is also a way of the politicians avoiding the issue brought up by the orginal statement. I mean an American Politician saying 'All Lives Matter' while being part of a group who failed to stop a world finanicial meltdown and the continued US involvement in The MIddle East is a bit rich to me. Maybe he means All American Lives Matter?

Infact black Americans have a pretty cosy life if you look at how the US (and the rest of the West) are directly effecting the lives of other people in the world. They are part of the USA political system and many serve in the US army which is indirectly (and directly) taking and making the lives of many people in the Middle East a misery. I am sure as many black americans couldn't give a shit about the death of an innocent muslim as their rich white neighbours.

So when they say All LIves Matter are they including the Middle East as well? 

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2015-07-29 09:25:06
  • So when they say All Lives Matter, are they including the Middle East as well? 

Probably not.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • "stop shooting at me"
    "oh, so you think you are more important than other people?"
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  •  BUT I think by using 'All Lives Matter' as a reply is also a way of the politicians avoiding the issue brought up by the orginal statement.

You need to have the context.  It seemed actually done pretty well....for a politician.  So far, Low, has said it all best.
  • You need to have the context.  It seemed actually done pretty well....for a politician.

My point is that generally a politician saying 'All Lives Matter' is hypocrytical. Becuase if you look at any party policy there is always some segment of the community that is less important that others and always a foreign policy than leads to other lives being seen as less important.

We live a culture where, through our media, we are demonising the Russia people, dehumanising muslims in the Middle East, characturing the problems in Africa and the 3rd world, looking at China like it's 40 years ago. All these portrayals lead to a dehumanising of other poeple, cultures and races. The more we do this the easier it is for us to hate and harder it is to love the differences in our own community.

Our politics is so based on politicans saying all the words we want to hear while underneath their policies are causes the exact opposite.

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
    respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

WE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID TO TALK ABOUT POLITICS!

WE SHOULD ALL BE TALKING ABOUT IT, ARGUING ABOUT IT EVERY DAY.

I know too many intelligent people who don't want to know what is really going in the world ....because it ls too complicated, boring and makes their head hurt!

* Yes i am shouting but it is important.

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2015-07-30 03:59:04
  • image: stop demonising German people
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!