Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What i love about Goldfrapp
  • 81 Comments sorted by
  • tweety said:

the way the music lifts you, the way it becomes a soundtrack for your life.

then when you leave for a while, its always there, like an old friend.

beguiling.

A light in the gloom, a beacon that guides.
    Perfect could'nt put it better myself...
    :-bd
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • ^ cheers fella

The Goldfrapp and I have been through a lot together....
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-07-01 17:53:19
    "its MY favourite song"
  • My personal reasons are thus:-

1. When I first heard them I thought and still think they are one of the most original bands I've ever heard
    2. The artwork is sublime. Colourful, sensual, provocative, ambiguous, eccentric. BC stuff was maybe too sexual for my liking but hey ho. Kind of embarrasses me sometimes being shy like I am  :\">
    3. Music for all moods. FM and 7T for chilling me out. BC,SN and HF for having a good old dance \:D/
    4. Fantastic dedicated support for a band that's had little or no support from record company etc and half the time its been the fans have "kept things going"
    5. Alison and Will (and band) are such down to Earth non-pretentious geniuses who I think genuinely love and respect their fans.
    6. Breath taking live performances leaving you wanting more, more, more.
    7. Creating a World where I can lose myself into from the mundanity of every day life giving me the high in life that I need.
    8. Hard work that goes into the merchandise especially anything designed by Alison making it so more personal and less manufactured.
    9. Creating a real fun little band of lovely people from all over the World to get together in person and on a forum and becoming such good mates (how sycophantic!!)
    10. Finally, Alison is the most beautiful women I have ever seen and if I was a lesbian I would do her!! :D
  • tweety said:

True got to say, same here..
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Bells said:

Music for all moods. FM and 7T for chilling me out. BC,SN and HF for having a good old dance \:D/

Well said i also agree on that 1.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • tweety said:

Same here. They've definitely been around to sooth when others haven't.
    Sometimes I feel Alison is like an imaginary friend.

• hehe, we all need imaginary friends......
    "its MY favourite song"
  • tweety said:

^ cheers fella

Interesting.  That seems to be a theme with a lot of people here.  Maybe they will bring world peace.  They sure seem to bring peace of mind to a world of people.  That's a good start and I can't ask for much better than that..
  • Goldfrapp is only one of two bands that I can listen to anything they have performed without hesitation.  Most bands, I can find a handful of tunes that pass muster.  Not on one CD, on all of the CDs they have ever made.

I sure like posting on this one much better than one where someone is attempting to......well, never mind.  Not the time or place for it, as I guess there is no time or place for it.
  • ickygerm said:

- will reminds me of a slightly eccentric, snarky uncle. i think he is rad

Ha! I think he's rad too. Apart from the fantastic music and Goldfrapp aesthetic, I think both Will and Alison have a great sense of humor.

Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-07-01 20:43:18
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Their music is so very different, from song to song (not to mention album to album) that, if one were to hear it on the radio first, it would be hard to immediately pin down who the artist is.
  • I love them for their electronic sound.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • The very classical feel to a lot of the pieces.
  • The fact they can write a good pop tune as well as Alan and Whickwithy's last two points, and they're great at doing quirky and unusual too!
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I love that Alison kept that funny little tattoo on her (2nd?) finger.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!