Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What i love about Goldfrapp
  • 81 Comments sorted by
  • Yeah it's really cool, gives her quite an edge somehow ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I hope there are breakup songs on the album. 
  • A_is_A said:

ickygerm said:

- will reminds me of a slightly eccentric, snarky uncle. i think he is rad

Ha! I think he's rad too. Apart from the fantastic music and Goldfrapp aesthetic, I think both Will and Alison have a great sense of humor.

They are literally two of kind. They're modern geniuses, and their personalities just add to the fun!!! :)
  • I hope every song's a fucking breakup song honestly.
    Post edited by LolliCruz at 2013-07-03 03:11:12
  • I love Goldfrapp for their originality.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Hmmm, not sure how to classify this one.  As something I love about Goldfrapp, the forum or both.  I guess both.

Being fairly new to Goldfrapp and American, I was not exposed to the massive amount of stuff they've done beyone their six (okay, five) CDs, I keep learning about cool stuff they have done that just tickles me.  Like all of the various merchandise (box sets, pencil boxes, on and on) and all of the other Albums, CDs and DVDs (Just learned about "Wonderful Electric").  It all just makes it that much more fun.  It must have really been a kick being there during the whole era and watching it all develop.  I could have become addicted to all of the little doo-dads.
  • You can be a fan of Goldfrapp no matter what other music you are into, it's not like that with a lot of other bands I find!

It never ceases to amaze me how varied our listening tastes are when you look at the 'what are you listening to now' thread :)>-
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • You can be a fan of Goldfrapp no matter what other music you are into, it's not like that with a lot of other bands I find!

It never ceases to amaze me how varied our listening tastes are when you look at the 'what are you listening to now' thread :)>-

That's really interesting now that you've said it. There must be something about Goldfrapp. It's hard to explain, but it's good and magical.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

That's really interesting now that you've said it. There must be something about Goldfrapp. It's hard to explain, but it's good and magical.

That sounds about right Alan. I guess another way of saying it would be Goldfrapp have such a wide appeal that people of all walks of life and musical tastes are drawn to Goldfrapp as they are that special!
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Alan said:

That sounds about right Alan. I guess another way of saying it would be Goldfrapp have such a wide appeal that people of all walks of life and musical tastes are drawn to Goldfrapp as they are that special!

I may like electronica too much, but I would never underappreciate Goldfrapp's diversity and willingness to experiment and explore.
  • Alison and Will straddle me (ooh-err) age-wise, and so I consider them to be of my generation... and it's fantastic how people young enough to be my/their children* can be into Goldfrapp.

* even grandchildren, just about :\">

• Alan said:

I may like electronica too much, but I would never underappreciate Goldfrapp's diversity and willingness to experiment and explore.

This is so true, Goldfrapp's willingness to experiment certainly works in their favor

Alison and Will straddle me (ooh-err) age-wise, and so I consider them to be of my generation... and it's fantastic how people young enough to be my/their children* can be into Goldfrapp.

* even grandchildren, just about :\">

Hey, I think and I could be wrong, but I noticed at the Hackney St. Johns show in the que in front of me, there was what appeared to be mum, grand mother and grand daughter, I thought that was so sweet and showed the appeal across the age spectrum as you have suggested :-B
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-03 14:49:58
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I believe that's one of the things that make them so appealing to me, HJ. Their age--as in experience--really shows in their music. It has a sense of maturity to it, even when Alison is being a bit bawdy. That which comes across as tasteless and raunchy from the younger generation of musicians has a sophisticated, sexy, fun face with Goldfrapp.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I secretly wish Alison Goldfrapp were younger though. I want her to write, sing, write, sing, write, sing for ever and ever.
  • That people care about them.

In some ways it doesn't matter if that's to laud them, to keep them in check with criticism, to follow what they say or how they look or anything else.

When there are so many things around, never mind just bands, and people still give a damn that gives me faith in people still wanting art in their lives.

For other people it might be another band or writer or painter or sculptor but, for some, it's Alison & Will.....and that should say it loud enough.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!