Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 44 Comments sorted by
  • Sweet cheers softlad, I enjoyed your tips. I did a bit of record cleaning with Oxfam a few years back, the guy was a genius, he also ran another small record shop that makes no money, just does things out of the love for it. He was cleaning vinyls really well with eek, a cloth and washing up liquid, but I can't for the life of me master that technique, he did it really well, how I don't know!. I reckon a dust free nuclear bunker is about the best place to get the full appreciation of a vinyl collection, possibly maybe

I love vinyl but I am not playing it every day, can go weeks without doing so, but happy to have the lovies around you know
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• The aforementioned info I gave was gleaned when I started looking into flogging records on eBay a while ago and I wanted to know the best way to go about getting them ready to sell.  There maybe a new wonder machine out there that I'm not aware of.  I think K-Tel did one many moons ago.  The fact that it was K-Tel would be enough to warn you off mind.

• Had a look in the shops down Memory Lane - it may even have been Ronco...

• I think K-Tel did a Bowie compilation that wasn't bad, I don't know how much of a Bowie fan you are though, it's very hard to tell with people anywhere really even a Goldfrapp forum. I got something of Bowie recently but it's debatable how much of a bargain it really is. Laughing Gnome 7" Deram records, actually very good condition vinyl, plain sleeve £1
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-29 20:11:37
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • softlad said:

Had a look in the shops down Memory Lane - it may even have been Ronco...

Classic stuff Softlad, I want ;) Maybe I'll find one in the charity shop

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Essentially not a bargain then softlad, just the going rate, but it does look virtually unplayed... I wonder why

It's a re-creation
    My imagination

• I loved that when it was released in the Seventies.  It still has its merits.  \m/

• I agree a quirky, uplifting number for sure.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Essentially not a bargain then softlad, just the going rate, but it does look virtually unplayed... I wonder why

• It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I saw an Anti-Bargain in a charity shop today, a DVD of Wonderful Electric and I was half considering buying it, in case it might be worth having a spare copy but it only had one disc and they wanted £2 for it, shocking stuff eh
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I never went in charity shops until i met my wife. She eventually managed to drag me into one. Now i go in them when i am on my own. Only to buy cds or football stuff. I would never get clothes. Enjoying reading all the old threads btw. Nowt else to do.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!