Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Greenwich Music Time - 21 Aug 2014
  • 403 Comments sorted by
  • acasu87 said:

I was in NE Row T surrounded by champagne-swilling arses talking really loudly. At one point someone shouted "WILL YOU FUCKING SHUT UP?!" and that seemed to work. :D

Must of been the ones by us then as we were in Row S lol mind you there so many of them I think we were surrounded ;)

Indeed. Why go to a concert and talk ALL the way through it?! Weird people.
    I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor
    On lava moons
    A song of hooves playing loud
  • We had similar probs at Hammersmith - it's people who just fancy a night out and aren't interested in the band. Ignorant twats!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • I'm sympathising with the general annoyance being expressed! As I said, we had a Numpty who sounded like Brian bleeding Blessed bellowing behind us....er, what was so amusing during Drew FFS?! Such a beautiful song and this moron laughing through it. Then there was a Scottish woman behind us who was talking VERY loudly and very pretentiously....when Lovely Head came on she espoused " ooooo.....did you ever hear such soporific whistling!"..... I felt like vomiting!! ( it'd be just my luck to discover that I'm bitching about someone from the board now lol.....but, well.....P-Leeeese!). Oh and then, when the boogying began ( :D ) this enormous 8 foot man mountain two rows in front of me stood up and that was that! Huh. Who needed to worry about the brollies! And....yup, here goes......while squished onto the Greenwich tube guess who was pressed up against me, but said 8 foot German man mountain. Poor Catherine only stood as high as his waist!! ( she really should wear heels). So......yeah.......people......I
    I
    I will persevere with the Flickr uploading. I'm so sorry to let you down. I am on Twitter, yes, so will look into that. Ho hum......my head hurts.
  • @KatRobin. Have you received a PM from me today? I have tried to address your Flickr problems but cannot tell if that message has gone.
    Let me know. We WILL resolve this, rest assured !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Hi UT! No, don't seem to have received a PM from you, but thanks for be willing to help. I want to share a couple of pics of the pooches too, who both snuck onto my iPad yesterday while we were out and were having a Goldfrapp party of their own. You'll (hopefully) see if / when i manage to post!!

• KatRobin said:

Hi UT! No, don't seem to have received a PM from you, but thanks for be willing to help. I want to share a couple of pics of the pooches too, who both snuck onto my iPad yesterday while we were out and were having a Goldfrapp party of their own. You'll (hopefully) see if / when i manage to post!!

Bugger ! I will try again. Watch the skies !
  • I have sent you a PM in reply UT - thank you. 
    To you and others....Nighty Night. My Post-Party head is fit to burst and I must hit the sack! What a flipping lightweight! zzzzzzzzz
  • We're having a ball in London and I have really shoddy wi-fi but, I wanted to pop in and say:
    What a friggin fantastic gig that was!!! Alison was spectacular. Utterly mesmerizing, a real siren! The band was in top form too, Angie was missed but ( REALLY like this young lady Hazel!)
    It was a truly great show! Wholeheartedly worth the trek.
    Loved meeting a big bunch of folk from the GMB, it has been quite a lot of fun.
    Will pop back in later! Great photos so far can't wait to see more.

LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Take our - 'Am I a concert twat' test. It's free.
    Have you ever left the concert arena while the main act is playing to get beer? You are a twat.
    Have you ever left the concert arena while the main act is on for a piss? You are a twat ( with a tiny bladder and you should have planned ahead more).
    Have you ever talked loudly during a concert to mates while the main act is on, steadily getting louder to make yourself heard over the band? You are a twat.
    Have you ever walked across in front of the stage when the main act is playing a song. You guessed it, twat!
    Have you ever shouted back, threatened to fight or thrown things for the rest of the gig at people who politely ask you to keep it down/ sit down or move on to stop blocking the view of the band? You are not only a twat but a moron to boot. You were probably not conceived by normal means but more likely your father had a quick wank somewhere and flies did the rest!
    Stewards should prevent people walking across the front of the stage area while the band is playing and should ask loud, rowdy groups in the audience to keep it down out of respect for other paying fans. That is it, in a nutshell, respect. A lot of people just do not have it for other people and it is all about them. I think a lot of the issues last night were people on corporate jollies and did not pay for their tickets. No real interest in the performance; just in getting bladdered.
    Take them out and shoot them. Them that cannot be shot, neuter them so they cannot breed.
    Harsh, I know, but lack of respect for others is crime No 1 at the moment.
  • I couldn't have put it better myself. All the wankers standing to the side of the seats, drinking champagne and talking loudly couldn't have cared less about listening to the music, whereas many of us travelled from afar just for that because it's our passion. Last night was particularly special because it was the last night of the tour and because we genuine fans know we'll be waiting some time for the next gig....
    I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor
    On lava moons
    A song of hooves playing loud
  • A_is_A said:

We're having a ball in London and I have really shoddy wi-fi but, I wanted to pop in and say:
    What a friggin fantastic gig that was!!! Alison was spectacular. Utterly mesmerizing, a real siren! The band was in top form too, Angie was missed but ( REALLY like this young lady Hazel!)
    It was a truly great show! Wholeheartedly worth the trek.
    Loved meeting a big bunch of folk from the GMB, it has been quite a lot of fun.
    Will pop back in later! Great photos so far can't wait to see more.

Nice to meet you too M. Great hat btw ! Sorry London was so cold for you. Up to two weeks ago, you would have felt much more at home. Agree about the gig and Hazel. Let's hope we get some more soon.
  • A brilliant night, indeed despite some annoying cretins in the audience. @Minsku - I hope you will come back to the UK for special occasions. The Manchester International Festival gigs last year, for example, were unforgettable and the audience was hushed & attentive.

I don't think I've ever heard the lyrics so clearly as last night. Laura & I had good seats but that technology that was mentioned on one of the spring gig threads has made a world of difference to the sound quality at gigs.

No surprises re the set list, of course, but that doesn't diminish the impact of the songs. I've said before that there's always one that stands out for me at each gig and last night it was 'Alvar'. The way the song develops and the the hypnotic qualities of the guitar and mandolin just swept me away.

Enjoyed the pre-gig meal that we VIPs were dished up in the magnificent Painted Hall - hopefully there'll be some pictures of that posted (the Hall that is, not the meal, although Alice took a picture of all the sweets!)

Needless to say, getting to meet so many old friends & new before and after the gig. It all passed so quickly, but the memories will linger.
  • I have no complaints seats wise being row C but the angle did mean I couldn't see the Angie replacement ( am I going to get knee capped for that comment?). Alison was her usual Goddess self with svelt figure, angelic tones and just pure gorgeousness. She seemed a wee put off by the muted response at first time of asking if everyone was ok. Maybe she clocked the near riots about to burst out over the seating/ticket debacle?
    I think it was just a fitting tribute to a seated show for a crowd rush to get to the front. You pays your money so you want to see your band is the Hells_Bells philosophy!
    Met new faces which was a delight and good to see the regulars so big hugs and kisses to you all. Sorry to a certain lady on here for kissing your earring. No that's not a euphemism I just happened to miss the cheek in that rather stand offish English way I sometimes have (shy actually ahem).
    Drank back at the hotel until the wee small hours but up early for being a real tourist doing the Thames cruise, Westminster, Tower of London, etc. Quality items purchased for my Mum and of course the obligatory Arsenal key ring for myself - no expense spared.
    Anyway, the idiots talking through the gig are just knob jockeys. Another word for you to sample :-B
  • Glad to see I'm not the only one pee'd off with the incredibly disrespectful behavior of so many members of the audience last night. They can't possibly be Goldfrapp fans. I was on the front row (for which I'd paid heftily) and the constant stream of morons walking across in front of the stage was really distracting and just downright rude. Why the hell did they bother attending? When they walked back carrying glasses I felt like saying, "What are you? Alcoholics? Are you physically incapable of going an hour and a half without a drink?" I can't fault the band's performance - they were as superb as ever. But the lamebrains in the crowd really took the shine off what should have been a joyous celebration.  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!