Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Greenwich Music Time - 21 Aug 2014
  • 403 Comments sorted by
  • I have no complaints seats wise being row C but the angle did mean I couldn't see the Angie replacement ( am I going to get knee capped for that comment?). Alison was her usual Goddess self with svelt figure, angelic tones and just pure gorgeousness. She seemed a wee put off by the muted response at first time of asking if everyone was ok. Maybe she clocked the near riots about to burst out over the seating/ticket debacle?
    I think it was just a fitting tribute to a seated show for a crowd rush to get to the front. You pays your money so you want to see your band is the Hells_Bells philosophy!
    Met new faces which was a delight and good to see the regulars so big hugs and kisses to you all. Sorry to a certain lady on here for kissing your earring. No that's not a euphemism I just happened to miss the cheek in that rather stand offish English way I sometimes have (shy actually ahem).
    Drank back at the hotel until the wee small hours but up early for being a real tourist doing the Thames cruise, Westminster, Tower of London, etc. Quality items purchased for my Mum and of course the obligatory Arsenal key ring for myself - no expense spared.
    Anyway, the idiots talking through the gig are just knob jockeys. Another word for you to sample :-B
  • Glad to see I'm not the only one pee'd off with the incredibly disrespectful behavior of so many members of the audience last night. They can't possibly be Goldfrapp fans. I was on the front row (for which I'd paid heftily) and the constant stream of morons walking across in front of the stage was really distracting and just downright rude. Why the hell did they bother attending? When they walked back carrying glasses I felt like saying, "What are you? Alcoholics? Are you physically incapable of going an hour and a half without a drink?" I can't fault the band's performance - they were as superb as ever. But the lamebrains in the crowd really took the shine off what should have been a joyous celebration.  
  • I like the Ghostfrapp one!

Just waiting for the pics of YOU lot now...
  • Here is the first of two vids I took on Thursday. I wanted to do more, but our seating position just made it difficult. I did get 77 still though that I have 'shopped' and will load these onto Flickr later with a link.
    This is Little Bird. A few focus issues at the start, but they soon calm down. It is a new camera ( a wonderful Lumix DZ-60) and it took a few seconds to wrestle it into action at first. Next, I got Train but my upload speed at home is as quick as a refund from the inland revenue so be patient.
    This also shows the extent of 'twatage' at the front of this concert. Next time, I am taking a sniper rifle!
    These, and all the other Frapp videos I have taken are hosted on Mrs UT's YouTube channel.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Helen The Angie replacement is the correct term and shall be referred to as such going forwards.
  • Ah UT that vid reminds me of why it was worth it yeh.
  • Did anyone else think the lighting was very reserved as well? Several times it was so dark that the camera would not focus at all. Also, a lot of blue wash light used as well. Talk about make if difficult!
  • Also, this Little Bird vid shows that the end section ( what Pink Floyd would have called 'a happening' (man), is a lot heavier than it normally was with Angie. Some of the synth sounds are very percussive and mechanical sounding. Hazel brings something different to the canon; not better, just different. Enjoy, I am sure we have not seen the last of Angie.
  • Wow, the quality is fantastic! Thanks for bringing back such great memories. One of my favourite songs too.
    I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor
    On lava moons
    A song of hooves playing loud
  • Also, this Little Bird vid shows that the end section ( what Pink Floyd would have called 'a happening' (man), is a lot heavier than it normally was with Angie. Some of the synth sounds are very percussive and mechanical sounding. Hazel brings something different to the canon; not better, just different. Enjoy, I am sure we have not seen the last of Angie.

i quite liked the little bird ending, yes it was definitely a bit different wasn't it? sounded like charlie was trying out some different sound effects too.
    i think all the people moving about is part of the problem with it been a seated gig, no ones worried so much about loosing their place, and if it was standing it would be too squashed in at the front for people to wander around like that. oh and of course there are just some rude fuckers about.
    thanks for the upload.
  • acasu87 said:

Wow, the quality is fantastic! Thanks for bringing back such great memories. One of my favourite songs too.

Thanks for the comment. To be honest, I find vids easier at a standing gig as being over 6 foot, I usually get a good view; nothing that picking the camera up to head level cannot usually sort !
    If you have not already done so, go to YouTube and search for Lisa Rippon. I have lodged all the videos I have taken on her channel. Maybe the odd Muse one as well. If the snail band has been working, Train will be there later. You can compare with an earlier Train vid I shot at Brighton.
    Also, search for Appyness ( you guessed it; Appy61's channel) as he has an earlier version of Little Bird to compare the Greenwich one with.
  • I didn't notice reserved lighting maybe some of it was lost outdoors. Or they didn't take as much kit to the gig. I forgot to look. Unlike me.
  • Organisation-wise that was the worst gig out of 16 I've seen in 2013/14 - whoever decided to put all the extra space in front of the seats and not behind or in the middle or anywhere else, must be shot fired.

Don't you love to see all the people with small bladders or people with a sudden urge to get beer constantly walk in front of everyone?
    Not to mention the bunch of twats who ran in front of everyone as soon as the first well known song started... At least they got their comeuppance as they had to pointlessly stand there during Utopia / Clowns / Lovely Head as they obviously did not know any of the non-Supernature songs. You can't bop to those!

Minsku, unfortunately non-fanbase oriented concerts are often like that - people treat them as a social events...

And don't get me started on people taking the fucking selfies! Especially those who took them with the stage as background!!! 'Look at my duck lips in front of Goldfrapp playing'. Eww...
    And funny enough, you'd think that young people would do that - but the worst 'selfers' I saw were much older.

At least the band was in top shape, as usual. Even with Angie replaced (what was that about??).
    Post edited by alex_f at 2014-08-23 15:59:03
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Hello! New York here listening in to all the conversations. So wished I could've been there at the show! About the rudeness and impolite behavior you all experienced. I saw Tori Amos at The Beacon Theatre last week and saw a lot of the same stupid behaviors. Really disruptive people, people who wouldn't shut up, obnoxious drunks, etc. What's the world coming to? Where did everybody's manners go? Sigh...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!