Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 66 Comments sorted by
  • This is TOTALLY cringeworthy but my first ever gig was to see 5ive. Yes, they were hip to the hop back in the 90s and i swear i went tone deaf with all the girls screaming. At school i had a 5ive pencil case, stationery set... the whole shebang.

But my god the bass was pounding through my ears. I love it though.

I have seen Coldplay live too and was not too far away from the legend that is Chris Martin. Their songs have gone down the pan though in recent months although i still like the Paradise song.
  • Glenolabar!! I had the Bewitched tape too. My musical taste was shit as a kid. Heck i thought the Spice Girls and All Saints were top nosh!!

(Goes and hides in shame)
  • Urban_Tribesman. I would never have put you down to liking Little Mix. But i do also like Wings so its socially acceptable.
  • Urban_Tribesman. I would never have put you down to liking Little Mix. But i do also like Wings so its socially acceptable.

It was just a passing thing Serenity. The concept of Little Mix is an anathema, but Wings, in isolation, was OK.
    I had a liking for Jessie J when she first appeared, but I got over it!
    I like Joan Armatrading. I've seen her twice, about 30 years apart. I have a thing for the female vocal !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • There are lot of great female vocalists out there, and Jessie J is quite a fierce woman with a powerful voice. Adele has quite a nice voice too but im not overly keen on her songs. Duffy too sounds too 60s but i think thats deliberate in some ways.
  • I still have a thing for Amy Winehouse. Love is a Losing Game gets me every time!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!