Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Salford Lowry gig 27th March 2014
  • 49 Comments sorted by
  • A fabulous evening in a lovely venue. What impressed me most was the quality of the sound. Crystal clear, making it possible to hear the acoustic guitar & violin as well as Angie's backing vocals. 'Annabel' was a highlight, as was 'Yellow Halo'. Plus the thrill of hearing 'Thea' live, at last.

Mind you, sitting at the back of the stalls, whilst allowing a panoramic view, didn't make for the more immersive experience. The people around me were quite enthusiastic (the girl next to me, especially so) although waited for those further forward to get up and dance mid-way during RAWH. Incidentally, it was those in the middle of rows E&F who seemed to get up first. I know for a fact that included a few of those from the forum :) 

Great to meet quite a few of you, as well. 185cs & nephew (who'll be able to recount this as his first gig!); Micky (no visit to Manchester would be complete without meeting Micky); Jude (a great description allowing me to spot her in the throng) and at the end Ultrauk & Giancarlo (great to while away an hour or so in the pub afterwards).

It's nights like these that ensure that I want to continue making a Manchester gig one of my priorities during tours. I hope it isn't 3 and a half years before the next one.
  • wow re: Thea vid....i love the "headlights" motif on stage....and wow she sounds amazing
    and nice to see Angie standing upright...i worry about her back sometimes 

Post edited by stevil at 2014-03-29 17:17:49
  • So who else was on row L that stood up with me when Ride A White Horse came on.. and were we the first set of people to stand up?

Was pretty awkward for a little while until everyone finally got the idea standing up was for the best haha!

Couldn't fault any of the night, it was genuinely flawless - especially at the end of Clay! The lights went off in perfect time to the end of the song and it created so much atmosphere. Goosebumps too for every song. I can't even put my words right it was far too good.
  • Yeah it did take a while for the crowd to get going. This as i said was only my 2nd Frapp concert. But even the few other artists ones that i have been to was exactly the same. At a Human League one i went to the Women in front asked us, Would it be ok if they stood up. Why ask ?. At a football match people just stand up. Concert goers need to do the same. It makes for a better atmosphere. The Frapp one at Manchester Academy was by far a better atmosphere. Think it is better to be at a standing venue.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!