Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Salford Lowry gig 27th March 2014
  • 49 Comments sorted by
  • And no Ooh La La, yay :-p
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Any more reports? Dying to hear more about it!
  • No Ooh La La that is a real shame I hope they put it back in the set list I'm going to Bristol on Tuesday with my other half and her friend and they have never seen Goldfrapp before so I think they will be really disappointed if that's not played.

Not only that it's such a great song especially when preformed live.
  • chokka said:

Clay was ruined for me two pissed up twats on Row D loudly talking through it Grrrr!

I was sat in row F behind these two clowns; somebody in row E had a word which seemed to help until the set moved into the louder tracks, by which time they couldn't hear themselves.

Apart from that it was fantastic; before the gig I wasn't sure how the dynamic of the tracks would work in both a seated venue, and with the move from the recent quieter songs to the louder ones later, but I now think it worked really well, especially once the ice had been broken and everybody got up to boogie.

• ^ always loving your pictures sparky!
  • Great gig last night! So much better than the first night in Brum. Theatre appeared to have a better feel/atmosphere to it. Lighting was more effective. It seemed darker inside than brum which added to the overall experience. :) Alison was in great form. Great to meet fellow Frappers again.. Giancarlo, Mark, Alex & chatted to Keith for the first time :)
    Music Junkie
  • Great gig last night! So much better than the first night in Brum. Theatre appeared to have a better feel/atmosphere to it. Lighting was more effective. It seemed darker inside than brum which added to the overall experience. :) Alison was in great form. Great to meet fellow Frappers again.. Giancarlo, Mark, Alex & chatted to Keith for the first time :)
    Music Junkie
  • It was a magic night. I think there were a few in the crowd not true fans. This sounds amazing but its because the tickets are cheap. This was only my 2nd time at a Frapp concert btw so i am no expert. 
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Ultrauk said:

It seemed darker inside than brum which added to the overall experience. :) Alison was in great form. 

it was light in the symphony hall wasn't it? i did think that at the time. glad a good night was had by all, and alison is taming her nerves! :)
  • Thea:
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • alex_f said:

And no Ooh La La, yay :-p

Im not the only only whi doesn't miss this song then.
  • Lol Ooh La La is fun but Goldfrapp showed that they don't need to play "the hits" to deliver a great show.. the Albert Hall gigs for example...
  • alex_f said:

Thea:

This is a much better version than the simulcast. The vocals are confident and boosted with a deep backing. All round much more dramatic and punchy. Loved this on the night. And you can really hear the trumpet. Nicely filmed too!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!