Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Somerset House 2013 - Who`s going ?
  • 123 Comments sorted by
  • Still trying to figure out at what point I disappeared off that list.
  • if I ever get home then I might make it #journeyfromhell
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Sartori (Rob)
    st185cs (Mark)
    tweety (Giles)
    ping (lou)
    dcbaxter (David)
    Anoukvdm (Anouk)
    paolot
    DiscoPony
    Bells (Helen)
    Border Mind
    BigBird (Robert)
    alex_f (Alex)
    Fenlander62 (Phil)
    Laura.
    Visual Fallacy (Sally)
    KeithJ_gmb (Keith)
    LittleBird (Kate)
    NovaLasing (Pete)

Can't wait!! Unbelievably weather looks cooler than Manc was.
    Will be interesting to see the contrast with MIF - expect it will be mainly "old" favourites with just a few from the new album...

• What time are people getting there? I'm heading to London tonight (staying with the other half's sisters who live in East Dulwich) We're going to be cultured and go to the Horniman museum in the morning to see the overstuffed walrus at last! Will probably head into central london after that to have a shandy or two to keep cool, so essentially can be wherever whenever! See you all tomorrow :) 
  • see you tomorrow! hopefully will get the chance to say hello properly :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Definitely! I had to dash in and out on Wednesday sadly but I'm around for the long haul tomorrow! 
  • Sartori (Rob)
    st185cs (Mark)
    tweety (Giles)
    ping (lou)
    dcbaxter (David)
    Anoukvdm (Anouk)
    paolot
    DiscoPony
    Bells (Helen)
    Border Mind
    BigBird (Robert)
    alex_f (Alex)
    Fenlander62 (Phil)
    Laura.
    Visual Fallacy (Sally)
    KeithJ_gmb (Keith)
    LittleBird (Kate)
    NovaLasing (Pete)
    softlad (Binky)
    Sartori said:

Hows about this for a meeting place?
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/26/269/Wellington/Strand
    Just across the strand from Somerset house.

It's in London, it serves beer, sorted. Fingers crossed for a buckaroo cat rodeo in the beer garden.

Any idea what time you're going to be getting to the pub? Two pints with this weather and I suspect I shall fall into a deep coma.
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-07-19 10:44:10
  • I'll be getting downtown by about half 5 trains willing.
  •  I have consulted the coffee omens and they predict 5ish , I shall bring my cat saddle just in case and use it as a pillow for nap time later on . With the weather at the moment , we`re one step away from a SyFy channel disaster movie involving sharks . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • i'm aiming for 6ish i think, depends really on what the traffics like
  • Me going

Pob06 (pob)

Unless diving on sunday really is silly o clock....

Er is there a definate pub decision then? - is it the one linked above?

• I checked the Wellington out earlier today and it's handily located. Barely 5 minutes walk from Covent Garden tube station and you can see the entrance to Somerset House from there. It serves food too but there are plenty of restaurants nearby if people don't want pub grub.

I plan to be there just after 4 pm to take some refreshment and conserve my energy for the night ahead. :)
  • I checked the Wellington out earlier today and it's handily located. Barely 5 minutes walk from Covent Garden tube station and you can see the entrance to Somerset House from there. It serves food too but there are plenty of restaurants nearby if people don't want pub grub.

I plan to be there just after 4 pm to take some refreshment and conserve my energy for the night ahead. :)

3 people now agree , its a plan .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Amazing. I thunk David is gonna get to mine around 4ish, park up & drop some stuff over then I'm only a 15 minute train ride from waterloo, hop and a skip over the bridge and there we are!
    After party at mine?!
  • *think

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!