Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
UK Tour 2014
  • 372 Comments sorted by
  • Thanks HJ for sorting my vid - hope you enjoyed it? 
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • ^ Yes, LB live is a firm favourite of mine, and the sound in particular - is good on your recording :-)

Funny how some people still applaud way too soon on that (extended) song!

I was there that night. Did you meet any of us lot in the pub, before or after the gig?
  • Yes we were a bit further back than usual due to the seating malarky so I got the full benefit of Will's sound stage! I too have a chuckle every time people applaud before the 'Happening' as UT put it - not true Frappers methinks. We had the honour of seeing the first live performance of this song at The Chapel, Islington and have been blown away ever since.

Sadly we had to hoof it straight after the gig as we had to get back home but I believe UT bumped into someone in the Dome, I can't recall who?
  • It was KeithJ
    I want to post up some vids but tried Firefox this afternoon and still no joy, but it does let me do hyperlinks.
    Ahhhhhhh!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ride a White Horse running into Train at the Brighton Dome.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-23 18:37:09
  • okay i know the sound isn't great on that above ^^^^^ but that light show is captured amazingly.....wow......
  • stevil said:

okay i know the sound isn't great on that above ^^^^^ but that light show is captured amazingly.....wow......

hi Stevil. I have shot a lnumber of Frapp vids and the light show frequently wigs out the camera and puts lines across the frame. Sometimes, a pretty cool effect!
  • Post edited by Appy61 at 2014-04-25 16:58:07
  • Was Will in attendance at any of the gigs? I looked towards the mixing desk in Glasgow but never saw him. Just wondering. Excuse my ignorance as a relatively new fan.
  • Sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't. He was at the back at Hammersmith as we spoke to him. We were at Brixton Academy once and in the bit between support and the Frapp and were just chatting and I looked around and there, about 10 feet behind us, stood Will in the crowd. Everyone around him completely oblivious to his presence and he was watching the crew set up the stage. He stood there for about 5 minutes. I kept looking round at him, he looked at me and eventually I shuffled back and said something like ' how can you stand here and no one notice' and he said something like ' because I like to keep a low profile'
    So keep a look out Jacu. You never know who you are standing next to ( like Jimmy Page at an art exhibition; but that's another story) !
  • Interesting. Thanks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!