Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
UK Tour 2014
  • 372 Comments sorted by
  • Now the tour is over, I feel I can post some videos...

Yellow Halo in Brighton:

Formerly known as alex_t.
  • ^ The light technicians did a good job there!
    Thanks for posting, Alex.
  • And Yellow Halo in Portsmouth (with a lovely spoken introduction by Alison):
    Post edited by alex_f at 2014-04-18 15:37:03
  • And the final one - Thea in Portsmouth:

:-)
    Post edited by alex_f at 2014-04-18 20:40:30
  • thank you alex!
  • Those were great, Alex.  Thanks for posting.  How on EARTH do you keep your hands so steady??
  • Great videos Alex. Sound is impressive from such a small device :)
    Music Junkie
  • Those were great, Alex.  Thanks for posting.  How on EARTH do you keep your hands so steady??

I kept my hands rested on top of the seat arms, not in the air (although in Brighton it wasn't a seat arm but a 'love handle' of a very big guy in the seat next to me, who literally spilled over into my seat... luckily he didn't move much!).
  • Ha!  Got it.  

I love Alison's "bat" outfits.  That being said, would be interesting to see her wearing something a little less... double-double-toil-and-trouble in the future.  I thought that gorgeous white suit from the Cinema concert was a nice change of pace.  
  • Little bird - Brighton

Haven't figured out the embedded video thingy as yet - anyone got advise on using a Macbook to do this?

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-04-21 06:42:19
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Appy61 said:

Haven't figured out the embedded video thingy as yet - anyone got advise on using a Macbook to do this?

i've got a macbook, sometimes when i just paste the link into the post it embeds it, sometimes it doesn't. not entirely sure what, if anything i'm doing differently. i blame the forum rather than my mac  O:-)
  • Yeah, as ping says, the easiest way is to just post the URL of the YouTube clip. But it seems to only work if that URL is without any extra parameters, eg &feature_player... and gubbins like that.

I tweaked the post... think it appears embedded now?

There is a 'Test' thread in Off-topic where you can experiment :-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-04-21 07:28:21
  • Yeah, as ping says, the easiest way is to just post the URL of the YouTube clip. But it seems to only work if that URL is without any extra parameters, eg &feature_player... and gubbins like that.

I tweaked the post... think it appears embedded now?

There is a 'Test' thread in Off-topic where you can experiment :-)

Hey HJ. I cannot post either a picture or a hyperlink from home using either an IPad or a PC on Windows 7 using IE11. I have tried Firefox and it made no difference. I can do this at work where we use Windows 7 but can only use IE 8 because of our intranet settings and support. I cannot be the only one having this problem?
    Or I can pop round Appy's and use his Mac for pictures. :)
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-21 07:51:39
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ^ It's a bugger that there are devices/browsers that the forum doesn't wanna play ball with. :-(

I've summarised what I found... in the FAQ thread. Have you had a look at that?

I use Windows 8 (.1) at home and it seems to work fine with Firefox (v 28.0) but not with IE (v 11).
  • ^ It's a bugger that there are devices/browsers that the forum doesn't wanna play ball with. :-(

I've summarised what I found... in the FAQ thread. Have you had a look at that?

I use Windows 8 (.1) at home and it seems to work fine with Firefox (v 28.0) but not with IE (v 11).

Yeah, I read the FAQ's but still have problems. Can only post as you say on the laptop in view source mode. Will persevere with Firefox as if you can get it to work, then I should be able to as well. I wonder if it is a Windows firewall problem?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!