Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
UK Tour 2014
  • 372 Comments sorted by
  • Phew, only now I finally have the time to see what I actually purchased in the morning rush - mostly good seats thankfully, although Brum, Manchester, and Reading are rather far away. I think I'm going to skip Birmingham (9 gigs is just too much, init?), and will try to get better seats for the other two (and if unsuccessful, skip them as well).

I will post the list of the tickets I'm selling after tomorrow ;-)
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • my coordinates are:

Birmingham STL D5
    Salford CIR H25
    Brighton STL E41
    Portsmouth STL A19
    Bristol STL F14
    Reading AR H47
    Glasgow A/S D1
    York SSL C37 and SCL M30
    Gateshead L/1 C19

Quality is indicated by colors: green means good, red means telescope needed

Unfortunately has not been possible to do better, I had many problems with security of my credit card, it has been disabled two times due to traffic, I needed to call the operators by phone, with big delays

• ^ Attending all 9 UK Frapp gigs and you "COULD DO BETTER"?!

LOL, you're rivalling Alex in the superfan stakes! :-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-12-12 14:22:57
  • Haha, that's pretty good going giancarlo!
  • I have so much to learn from you all !
    :)
  • Amen. But I'd say we are all superfans on here!

Fingers crossed I get to hear Thea live at last.... And possibly Lee?
  • Giancarlo said:

my coordinates are:

Birmingham STL D5
    Salford CIR H25
    Brighton STL E41
    Portsmouth STL A19
    Bristol STL F14
    Reading AR H47
    Glasgow A/S D1
    York SSL C37 and SCL M30
    Gateshead L/1 C19

Quality is indicated by colors: green means good, red means telescope needed

Unfortunately has not been possible to do better, I had many problems with security of my credit card, it has been disabled two times due to traffic, I needed to call the operators by phone, with big delays

Your almost sitting right behind me in Birmingham :) I'm in AA 5 :)
    Music Junkie
  • ^ I'm AA 25 :)
  • @Ultrauk: many rows behind !
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2013-12-12 15:44:26
  • Just got my ticket for Salford at 10pm UK time. Allocation of stalls tickets was sold out, but I got 1 in Upper Circle, Row C, seat 9

For those thinking of The Lowry, I can say that Upper Circle isn't so bad. I saw Alison Moyet there a few weeks ago, in a similar position - view and sound were both good. 

Seating plan link if it helps anyone undecided.  

Post edited by PeterC at 2013-12-12 17:34:57
  • Well, it's been a fraught day but has a happy ending. I was free at 10am so clicked on the link from Tuesday's e-mail. Only to find that it didn't work. I tried several times over the next couple of hours & still nothing. I was hoping it might be a temporary problem with the website so was rather disconsolate to find out that it wasn't.

Luckily, I managed to get on to Twitter around lunchtime. Lucky, because my employer has blocked access to Twitter from company computers in the past but found out by chance that this was no longer the case. I was also lucky that our esteemed moderator, Halloween Jack, was online & able to point out that the original link was dead but the one from Wednesday's e-mail was fine & to send me the link.

So I was able to book Glasgow (C29 - not bad) and Salford (V5 FFS - disappointing, but what the hell, I'm there). I didn't fancy being the rear stalls for Brighton as well, but fortunately HJ let me know about the tickets the Visual Fallacy had. They were promised to Laura but (here's the happy ending) she only needs the one so I get to sit in row J with her and we get to be enthralled together. :)

I'm so happy, I've now forgiven those responsible for providing the original duff link!

• Giancarlo said:

@Ultrauk: many rows behind !

7 rows behind. Front starts at AA to CC Then row A onwards... See u there! I'm staying in the refurbished travelodge in the centre as it's only £23 that night & 5 mins from venue (Birmingham)
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2013-12-12 18:30:31
    Music Junkie
  • Brighton row C and Portsmouth row A. Already excited:-)

And still hoping there will be a London gig to round things off
  • ping said:

^ I'm AA 25 :)

Whoop Whoop !! :)
    Music Junkie

• Pooka said:

I got row D in Brighton so happy with that and I shall be buying Halloween Jack a drink also!

Cheers! Haha.

Looks like most here got better tickets than me (row G). I was a bit slow off the mark. But 7th row should still be fine, I guess.

Aww, perhaps you could look tomorrow on general release and if it comes up with anything closer buy those and perhaps someone on here might want extras? I'm sure it will sell out so you could look to ebay also?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!