Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
How did you get into Goldfrapp?
  • 163 Comments sorted by
  • Some stupidly good reference points, K, especially Monkey Dust.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Monkey Dust is one of the finest TV shows I've ever watched, re-watched, and insisted other people watch.

The final episode of season 1 broke all of my housemates. They couldn't hack it.

• The night they played the Five Aces cafe in Billingsgate Ruth came down with 'bendy fingers' and I filled in on spoons.  It was shortly after this they entered their cowbell phase so you could say I was a bit of a muse (among other things).
  • There was a sort of surreal soap on ITV that i watched called Night And Day, it featured Lovely Head, Utopia, and a few of their remixes in the opening episodes and they caught my attention.
  • Can't find my original post from the old GMB, so here goes again.  Prior to Black Cherry I'd never heard of Goldfrapp.  I saw them on Later With Jools Holland doing three tracks from BC (1st one was Train, last Strict Machine), and was so impressed I bought it the next morning.
    Are you going to the party?
  • I needed a bit of class in my life so discovered Goldfrapp. Simples!! ;)
  • a friend sent me strict machine over msn messanger back in 2003. i actually really disliked it at first, but i kept listening to it because i had nothing else to listen to, and eventually warmed to it. then she sent me hairy trees and i loved that instantly

Alan said:

Fell in love with the Black Cherry website. Became an instant fan.

then this happened for me too! that website was glorious 8-> i also watched that black cherry EPK that was streaming on the site about a million times, both for the train video at the end and the little snippets of songs throughout. slippage with the dying flies was my favorite thing in the universe
  • ickygerm said:

a friend sent me strict machine over msn messanger back in 2003. i actually really disliked it at first, but i kept listening to it because i had nothing else to listen to, and eventually warmed to it. then she sent me hairy trees and i loved that instantly

Alan said:

Fell in love with the Black Cherry website. Became an instant fan.

then this happened for me too! that website was glorious 8-> i also watched that black cherry EPK that was streaming on the site about a million times, both for the train video at the end and the little snippets of songs throughout. slippage with the dying flies was my favorite thing in the universe

Ahh, the memories! I saved the website in any way it was possible, mostly graphics and screenshots.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I loved the wolves on it and the general bizarreness
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I believe it was when "Ooh La La" was the iTunes Single of the Week. Downloaded it then forgot all about them.

Rediscovered them through "Happiness" and was hooked ever since.
  • Who's Goldfrapp?
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2013-06-26 02:06:25
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • i'll be honest i was'nt a fan of any type of music at all back in 80's 90's & early 00's i was more of a gamer (did my bloody head in when my sister kept playing spice girls) BUT one day in august 2005 i heard OOH LA LA on my dad's radio & immediately fell in love with it, then i saw on t.v that new album SUPERNATURE out on monday 22nd august, straight up hanley hmv (stoke-on-trent) first thing that monday morning, got SUPERNATURE deluxe edition got it home & became a Goldfrapp fan instantly, that afternoon i went back up to hmv & got Black Cherry & Felt Mountain loved them instantly as well, but i still to this day can't believe how i missed Felt Mountain by 4 years 11 months & Black Cherry by 2 years 4 months :(..... anyways i'll be honest now Goldfrapp are still the only Group/Band i listen to to this day..... :)   everyone/everthing else i personally think sounds so................ boring!!!

Post edited by Jozzy81 at 2013-06-26 11:09:20
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • The first time I had heard Goldfrapp was back in the mid 2000's,when I saw the film 'My Summer Of Love' and absolutely loved it. I wanted to know the name of the song the girls in the film were dancing to, and when I had heard 'Lovely Head' properly I downloaded Felt Mountain straight away, and really fell in love with the album. Its the first album I had actually fully appreciated and had an interest in actually listening to all the songs on there. From there I picked up all there other albums in music stores one by one (and recognised a few songs I had heard before) and ever since Goldfrapp were my favorite band.
  • Duncan said:

Can't find my original post from the old GMB, so here goes again.  Prior to Black Cherry I'd never heard of Goldfrapp.  I saw them on Later With Jools Holland doing three tracks from BC (1st one was Train, last Strict Machine), and was so impressed I bought it the next morning.

And then he and one of the other guys from work went to see HER!!! at Northumbria University, came into the office next day, put Felt Mountain and Black Cherry on my desk and said: "You have to hear this".

"Fair enough," I said, "I'll give it a whirl".

APL

"Cleanliness and chickens. Those are two concepts I will always stand by"
    Geddy Lee
  • I found Goldfrapp through myspace. I think I saw them on Rachel Stevens' top 8 on myspace. 

First I heard Strict Machine and then Ooh la la.. then I was hooked!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!