Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hello from a newbie!
  • 37 Comments sorted by
  • Sorry, to clarify what I mean about the live performance......

When in this quieter mode, it would be easy to imagine that a more raucous act could possibly overshadow the subtleties of Goldfrapp, but not a chance! A different animal altogether. Alison and co. stop you in your tracks with their own sense of dynamic.=D>
  • Yeah. I can see why the FM comparisons are drawn and it has caused a few  controversies shall we say, but I am of the opinion TOU maybe draws on some of the soundscapes of FM and ST but that shouldn't stop it from being seen in it's own right, which to some quarters it has unfortunately, but then again no one can please everybody, if that was the case we would all be Christians I guess  (thank Christ we are not eh):))

I am a bit down on people slagging Tales of Us off, but that's their right I guess, but it really baffles me when I read the odd dissenting voice here and there saying the album lacks emotion, you'll forgive my subtlety of a brick through a window, but that is total bullshit. I think this is the most emotionally charged record by Goldfrapp yet, and that is something that has never been lacking with any of their previous records, so no mean feat at all. The Jools performance of Clay gets me even more Felix, it's such a haunting performance, how that could fail to move anyone really baffles me

cheers :o3
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Hello Felix. Welcome, welcome, to this most unique place.... ;D x
  • The message by BorderMind convinced me to look and listen to the Jools performace too (placed on youtube by HalloweenJack).

I´m speechless. Just speechless. I mean really speechless. What a performance. What a voice.

Isn´t "goosebumps" an English word? I think I have them at  te moment.
  • Yeah you are totally right in the use of the word Jeronimooo ;)

Glad you checked it out.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Live is what I live for. don't get me wrong. I do like tales, but maybe I'm just not in the mood for it right now. apart from drew, thea and clay I'm not overly excited. Guess I need to get out of the country
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Perhaps, you just need the perfect slice of cake with your Tales.

A bite of Black Forest, Tweets?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • A little baked Alaska goes a long way. Get me it while I'm it's hot!

Post edited by iuventus at 2013-10-09 17:22:46
  • In honor of my dearest Tweety, I officially declare a CAKE-JACK!

Post edited by iuventus at 2013-10-09 17:22:32
  • ^ Well thank-god it's just the cake you're jacking! (Sometimes I wonder)...oh, and welcome Felix. :D
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Shut your cake hole, PG!

Or at least stuff it with some of this...

• ^ I love this, but can you do it with care bears?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • How dare you hijack my thread with cake.......don't you think your all being a trifle unsporting?  ;) :D

Sorry.....I couldn't help myself :\">

You seem like a really nice bunch, I'm glad I signed up :)
  • Yeah. I can see why the FM comparisons are drawn and it has caused a few  controversies shall we say, but I am of the opinion TOU maybe draws on some of the soundscapes of FM and ST but that shouldn't stop it from being seen in it's own right, which to some quarters it has unfortunately, but then again no one can please everybody, if that was the case we would all be Christians I guess  (thank Christ we are not eh):))

I am a bit down on people slagging Tales of Us off, but that's their right I guess, but it really baffles me when I read the odd dissenting voice here and there saying the album lacks emotion, you'll forgive my subtlety of a brick through a window, but that is total bullshit. I think this is the most emotionally charged record by Goldfrapp yet, and that is something that has never been lacking with any of their previous records, so no mean feat at all. The Jools performance of Clay gets me even more Felix, it's such a haunting performance, how that could fail to move anyone really baffles me

cheers :o3

I only actually caught the performance of 'Strangers'. I'll look out for 'Clay'  ;)
  • @feLix just wait till you meet Kiyuri
    "its MY favourite song"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!