Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Soothe me! (the sentimental & schmaltzy are welcome)
  • 101 Comments sorted by
  • Looks strokeable... :P See how sentimental I can be?
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • (Never mind)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-03-13 13:17:09
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Everyone loves cats. Cats. Cats.

Unicat.

• This will have been asked before, so sorry, but can someone tell me how to upload photos to the forum from Dropbox please?
  • speaking of cats...

Do you think that's Aslan?

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-03-20 20:30:00
  • An 11-day old vizsla puppy... waving.
  • An 11-day old vizsla puppy... waving.

I think you will find that Vizsla is a Vulcan and is saying 'live long and prosper' !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-24 17:51:18
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I saw the most amazing thing today, the shadow of an "X" on a cloud.  It was the shadow of two contrails crossing just below the clouds.
  • The most amazing thing I ever saw was about 14 years ago, and my interpretation of it might sound sentimental nonsense to some people, but.... I was with my mum, shortly after dad had died, and that was around the same time that my uncle, dad's brother had passed on too....we were at a family party, in the summer, sitting in the garden....saw a fantastic double rainbow, complete arc and rich colours, but not only that, it / they were inverted, so it looked like a double smile in the sky. It's an extremely rare meteorological phenomenon....never saw anything like it before or since, so you can imagine why I was so moved by it. And I was stone cold sober ( driving).
    I have seen and heard a few things that lead me to have very strong spiritual beliefs, but I think some people might think I'm a bit of a hippy nutter, so I keep it to myself generally. Has anyone else been deeply moved by something similar? Maybe we need a new thread?
  • ^Love that story!  The closest I come to something called god is something I call Serendipity.  Your story is a perfect example of it.  Conincidence just doesn't quite cover it and I've had a bucketful of such experiences that just leave you breathless with awe.

To me, it's like life is a tune and, if you are dancing with the music, such things happen.  Like Serendipity is your partner and it can toss these things out, if you are paying attention.  Otherwise, it's just a muddled mess. 

I'd go for a new thread but I don't think there would be a lot of participants.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-06-13 17:16:04
  • Well....I don't know...maybe you're right. But I've shared that and one or two other stories ( you'd call them serendipity I guess) with friends over the years, and once I've disclosed, they've felt ok to do the same. Why are we so afraid to share our more sensitive human experiences do you think? Too tied to the rational....too frightened to appear over sensitive? That's what holds me back anyway. It's sad isn't it.
  • Also, referring back to my rainbow story, I remember being puzzled at the time as to why other relatives seemed not to notice or be interested. I think that's the thing, most people most of the time don't pick up on these things, or maybe you have to be emotionally tuned to a different pitch to see / hear them.
  • Well, if you start a thread, Kat, I'll at least tell one story.  But, yeah, that's my conclusion.  You have to be open to it and kinda looking for it.  I've never found a good way to explain it except being in tune with the universe.  If you dance in tune with the music (of the spheres?), all kinds of wonderful things can happen.  Most people seem to have blinders on or are so consumed with what's going on that they miss what is really going on.  One of my favorite quotes is "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.."  Or, my very own quote about me, "I don't wear my heart out on my sleeve. It's more like a giant neon sign."
  • Have you noticed how 'Entertain me - the Twisted and disturbing are welcome' thread has far more posts than this one? Speaks volumes. You're wierd, but I love you !
    Anyway. Ahhhh!
    https://twitter.com/fascinatingpics/status/648574631834746880
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Post edited by LuDux at 2015-10-31 16:23:37
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!