Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Graham Norton - Radio 2 - 28 Sep 2013
  • 71 Comments sorted by
  • I'm ok with those 3, but the other show/chap mentioned above, I find pretty grating... Alan Carr.
  • i'm going to have to miss them as i've said above, pretty sure just the performance's will be on youtube or on here so.... all happy.... :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • The producer of the Graham Norton show posted a rather crude promo for the show via twitter. It's essentially making fun of both Alison & the older actress that's scheduled for that day. I thought it was in really bad taste and totally un-funny. I think the guy is a misogynist, ageist, knob, or maybe I'm not getting the joke 'cause I'm American.
    Anyway, i tweeted a fairly clever re-tort  defending Alison and the lady but then erased it, because maybe i just don't get it.
    I don't think it's funny when not so young, not so attractive men  try to make beautiful and talent women the butt of their jokes.

Whateves...I'm still excited to hear the show.

Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-09-25 10:49:28
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I haven't heard it, so I can't really know for sure but Graham Norton is  a  total wind up merchant, you should see 'that's all we've got time for' on his show. Graham Norton takes the piss out of everyone, it's just his style, but I don't think he ever means it in a truly nasty and bad way, and I am often told I am over sensitive so I wouldn't worry too much A, I am sure it was just  meant in jest as is his style (which he gets paid a hell of a lot of ££££ for ;0)

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-25 17:59:14
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • And it's Shelia Hancock too, she's not a bad actress actually ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Thanks Border! I get a little riled when i think women are being mistreated, especially women i like.  I understand it's a big deal show and it's going to be great for them...whether or not i get the humor. 
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-09-26 00:26:43
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I feel the same way A, I dislike bullies intensely. Hopefully the show will be good, Alison and Shelia Hancock is very promising ;).

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • where is this tweet??
  •  I`ve always found Graham N. to be about creating banter and he`s at his best (and the show is at its best) when people are bantering back at him (the same holds true for Jonathon Ross) , sometimes he gives people a chance to show an endearing side to themselves throughout their chat that just wouldn`t ever be seen with standard interviewers . It has surprised me just how many people don`t understand satire and irony in humour , looking at a comedic line as needing to be at a superficial "Roy Chubby Brown" level , it disappoints me . In much the same way that people dislike Graham as probably think I`m on a piss-taking-blockbuster-extravaganza-ego-road-trip-of-fun when in reality I just like banter and saying things in a non-boring way (and dressing up as a clown and wandering through the streets of Northampton ;) ).

NEWS UPDATE : But I`ve just been informed (educated in my pig ignorant peasant ways) through the other thread that the phrase "holds true" is now illegal and is to be replaced in our lexicons with "looks like that through my beer/coffee/babycham goggled eyes , so what the feck do I know" .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-09-26 08:32:36
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  •  Graham and Jonathons show are also a great platform for the boring , stupid and vacuous to show off how boring , stupid and vacuous they are .  
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Show starts at 10am but apparently Alison (and Will!) are on at 12:30.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-27 15:00:32
  • Show starts at 10am but apparently Alison (and Will!) are on at 12:30.

No irony here - that literally "is" perfect timing for me as I will be in my car then - yay!  :D
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Morning! Did i miss it? Just online now, and listening to the actress Sheila Hancock. Were they on already?
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

Morning! Did i miss it? Just online now, and listening to the actress Sheila Hancock. Were they on already?

im listening too now! i hope i havent missed it! :/
  • She's got a nice voice and is very articulate...I think we may have missed it :/  Let's see...
    I'm normally up really early in the morning naturally but blasted melatonin, i took some last night and it knocked me out cold!

I just checked the time in the UK and it's 12 so i think we haven't missed it! Actually i think we've got another half hour to go!

I'm putting this on speakers and gonna make some coffee:)  Good morning Cookiee!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-09-28 07:04:12
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!