Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Please recommend me some electronic bands.
  • 47 Comments sorted by
  • OMG, thank you, everyone. I'll be very busy tonight. Thanks to you, guys. :)
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Post edited by Cervus at 2013-06-24 05:35:25
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • The Sounds and Ruby Frost
    More indie electronica :)
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • Thank you!! I've got a huge list now! Love it.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Old school , with added `quirkiness` as a pre-requisite

First two albums from the Human League (before they employed the two tone deaf girls) - `Reproduction` & `Travelogue`
    League Unlimited Orchestra - Love and Dancing (a dance remix of the Human League - Dare album)
    Soft Cell
    Devo ("New Traditionalists" onwards)

all of this is on t` Tube in one form or another
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-24 11:45:38
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Thanks @Sartori. I've included your recommendations in my list. I'm a little behind the schedule though. There are just so many. But I'll definitely check them all out sooner or later. Thanks again.
  • Sartori said:

Old school , with added `quirkiness` as a pre-requisite

First two albums from the Human League (before they employed the two tone deaf girls) - `Reproduction` & `Travelogue`
    League Unlimited Orchestra - Love and Dancing (a dance remix of the Human League - Dare album)

Travelogue is an absolute classic - I know a few on here and t'other GMB rate it very much.

That Love And Dancing has been hammered over the years. I remember listening to that in the back of a mates Mini while zooming around (often on two wheels!) in my college days!

Two old but great choices.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ^^^ defiantly.....great couple of albums..... Also Elective 101 - Electrical memories
    and The Opiates - Hollywood under the knife.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:28:44
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Poor Suzanne and Joanne..................................hehehe
  • Oakeys Human League was the ultimate punk band. Much closer to the, anyone can do it, ethic than that middle class art rock boy band...The Sex Pistols.

I love the girls, wouldn't have been the same without them :-)
  • I like the fact that you can choose which Human league you wish to listen to...either Travelogue or later when the chirruping 'girls' even have solo performances.....the horror....hehehe
  • Or when part of them became Heaven 17.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Very true!
  • Byrta a new electro duo from the Faroe Islands have just released their debut album. Definitely worth checking out:

Post edited by 9oldfrapp at 2013-06-25 07:29:46

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!