Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Feeling shocking.  That kind of shocking that can only come from having a very good, very upset friend and knowing that their hurt is your fault.  :( 

This is NOT a good week.

HURRY FRIDAY HURRY HURRY.

• hmm doesn't sound too good. I feel sad and tired, but I don't want to bore anyone with it
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • hmm doesn't sound too good. I feel sad and tired, but I don't want to bore anyone with it

then accept this crumbly hug (((HUGS)))

then accept this crumbly hug (((HUGS)))

thanks Cookiee_Munster
    ;)(tyring to find the right smiley is a bit of a chore here)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-04 11:06:17
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• Oh no wait!!!!

Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-04 16:58:21
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

• then accept this crumbly hug (((HUGS)))

thanks Cookiee_Munster

Is it just me or does a "crumbly hug" sound like a cookie? :D

"Must get a packet of Crumbly Hugs to go with a cuppa later......."
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • That reminds me, C...

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • That's a rather nice version - don't mind a bit of Neil Young.

Spookily, I'm sure you'll see why, I was just cranking this out:-

Hadn't heard it before and more than a little mesmerised. Had never clicked with Bach much previously but am a sucker for a cello so this might be my route in to him.
  • am a sucker for a cello so this might be my route in to him.

You and me both....that is glorious......After having a nice little read I this is how my mind set is at the mo.....fragile moi??? :)

Never seen this version of the video though...marginally more bizarre than the normal one.

Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-04 17:30:49
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Like I've been run over by a truck.
  • So I'm sitting here minding my own business when my housemate's monitor lizard just dashes into my room and runs straight under the bed.

Oh... sure... come in. Make yourself at home. Knock over a speaker stand. Wench.
  • Spookily, I'm sure you'll see why, I was just cranking this out. Hadn't heard it before and more than a little mesmerised.

I have the whole collection of Cello Suites by Rostrapovich on CD. As much as I love the dark and eerie, I have a tender spot for the light and inspiring. Hence, my favorite suite is the first, which echoes the Prelude in C for the Well-tempered Clavier (aka the Bach-Gounod "Ave Maria").

Had never clicked with Bach much previously but am a sucker for a cello so this might be my route in to him.

Bach was such a prolific composer, and a technical genius, that there's plenty to love and plenty to hate.

The cello is like a lovely gentleman gently slipping into bed to cover you with his strong arms whilst you sleep...and dream of sheep.

There are some other super compositions for cello in small ensembles, most dearly the Brahms Trio for Piano, Clarinet, and Cello. The hauntingly beautiful Adagio:

And the Schubert Trio for Piano, Violin, and Cello. Again eerie and alluring, the Andante con moto. You might recognize this from The Hunger.

• Hope you don't mind - have copied that over to the shiny new classical thread as it had such good stuff in it!
  • Immensely tense, today i shall be (attempting) traveling to London, seeing a show, then getting the night train back home. I hope London is kind to me!
  • Hope you don't mind - have copied that over to the shiny new classical thread as it had such good stuff in it!

With proper licensing there should be no issue.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!