Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Depressed. Back at work and got shit loads to do and just want to go home. Nearly got into an argument with someone telling me about depression is just when your feeling a "little bit down". Bollocks is it! I fucking know how I feel and it's more than just that. Don't comment on something until you experience it yourself and know what your talking about. I just don't have any motivation today and don't want to hear shit like that. AND I'm missing Golfrapp already :((
  • Bells said:

Depressed. Back at work and got shit loads to do and just want to go home. Nearly got into an argument with someone telling me about depression is just when your feeling a "little bit down". Bollocks is it! I fucking know how I feel and it's more than just that. Don't comment on something until you experience it yourself and know what your talking about. I just don't have any motivation today and don't want to hear shit like that. AND I'm missing Golfrapp already :((

Other than that things are fine though, right? ;)

In all seriousness, you're absolutely right - people who have never experienced it simply can not understand it and even people that have been through it find it hard to really explain to anybody the entirety of how it affects. I can vouch for that. You never really get over it but more recognise and cope with the fact it's there...if you're one of the lucky ones.

All the best :)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Waking up to sunshine. Feeling happy.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:35:16
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • - people who have never experienced it simply can not understand it and even people that have been through it find it hard to really explain to anybody the entirety of how it affects. I can vouch for that. You never really get over it but more recognise and cope with the fact it's there...if you're one of the lucky ones.

All the best :)

That is so so true....after going through what I went through loosing my partner and the counselling that followed....I was constantly being told that by his wife of eight years before we met that she knew exactly how I felt as it was the same as when they separated....on what level is that any kind of response...we had n choice that he was taken from us whereas it was a joint decision that they parted...I cannot even imagine how that must have felt so please don't assume that you do...so I can relate to the frustration that you are feeling..if you need to vent the feelings you know where we are.... :-)
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-06-25 09:18:36
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • ^
    Oh I shall be OK. Just been constant rounds of doctors and hospitals for near on three years now for my family and now my sisters waiting to go in for an operation later this year. She will probably be off work for 6 weeks to start with so that means Ill be going back and forth to help her as well as trying to work, helping my parents especially with my Dads cancer issues etc etc. Just need a HUGE break from everyone and everything 
    :((
  • *cyber hug* @Bells
  • Feeling hungry. A glass of wine won't do it.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • ((HUGS))
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • whisperit said:

id just like to say that i feel like shit. bedbound, pain, nausea, d+v, fever.
    and the cat keeps coming in and lying on my bad leg.
     (and sneaky cats with attitude)

I DID NOTHING Y'HONOUR

*flees the scene*
  • chokka said:

*cyber hug* @Bells

Ahh, fanks mate ;;)
  • Incidentally, if anyone belittles depression (Personal fave: "People who are depressed should watch a comedy program or something"), then this is for you!

Post edited by Kiyuri at 2013-06-25 18:41:45
  • Kiyuri said:

Incidentally, if anyone belittles depression (Personal fave: "People who are depressed should watch a comedy program or something"), then this is for you!

It's brilliant that, huge hugs for Bells and Cervus, also dainty hugs for whisper it! (don't want to injure him more!)
  • Yeah, never ever underestimate depression. I am more than a little familiar with that particular state of mind shall we say. It's very unreasonable that expectations are put on someone suffering depression to just pull themselves together or whatever. Very often stress and depression are linked, it's just adding stress to someone already in a fragile state to demand they pull themselves together.

I  have to be careful and remember this is a how do you feel thread (and not a rant), I tend to avoid it, as I don't wanna really share my negative thoughts, and am guarded with positive ones, but I was kind of drawn in by Bells comments. It's good Bells that you can be open about how you feel. In the real world I am with some shall we say, but as I say I'm much more guarded online.

Cheers and take care

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-25 19:12:37
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Just had a shower. Feeling clean again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!