Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Nice one Sir, thanks. Will take you up on that.
  • Elated about actually being off and able to get the tickets and thrilled that my sis will be coming with me.........she has never seen them live before.....  :)

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Pet said:

I had to change my user name, as it wouldn't allow me to put a space in it.

I kind of like "Pet."
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Skint.

But every penny spent on this Goldfrapp era, will be worth it im sure!

(also, a little hungover. but nothing much changes there.  we couldn't start the new forum with my announcing I was a reformed character, T-Total, spending time making raw vegetable smoothies and meditating now, could we.  NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH ANY OF THAT you understand)

• iuventus said:

Pet said:

I had to change my user name, as it wouldn't allow me to put a space in it.

I kind of like "Pet."

So do I.  I wasn't complaining.
  • Laura said:

(also, a little hungover. but nothing much changes there.  we couldn't start the new forum with my announcing I was a reformed character, T-Total, spending time making raw vegetable smoothies and meditating now, could we.  NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH ANY OF THAT you understand)

I'd actually be a bit disappointed if that was the case - we need somebody to keep the flag flying to balance out us overly-healthy lot >:)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ^ ahaha. indeed Carpy, indeed!  good to have balance, in life and in our little goldfrapp world!

I still maintain, as well, that me and Ali would have a RIOT out on the town.  I could make her cocktails, we could eat and drink and laugh....

*sigh*

• Peed off. A workman I had around doing some odd jobs slipped and grabbed the cooker hood - which fell off the wall and smashed my electric (glass-top) hob. :( Think it was about £100.

Although.. I then got a call from the scaffolder, who said he was gonna charge me £350 instead of £400 for the stuff they put up this aft. Very rare for a tradesman to reduce his quoted price!.. so that was a partial reprieve.

• Peed off. A workman I had around doing some odd jobs slipped and grabbed the cooker hood - which fell off the wall and smashed my electric (glass-top) hob. :( Think it was about £100.

Although.. I then got a call from the scaffolder, who said he was gonna charge me £350 instead of £400 for the stuff they put up this aft. Very rare for a tradesman to reduce his quoted price!.. so that was a partial reprieve.

Hard to be too annoyed on The Falling Workman (great name for a pub!) as we all know the first thing you do when you slip is grab out. If you're going down then you're taking something or somebody else with you!

Having a bill dropped by £50, however, is much more unusual - that's something to be happy about.

• Peed off....

My first thought would be "Right best I re-check that work he did..."
  • Patiently awaiting World War Z next Friday , probably taking my offspring to see Man In Tights this weekend "Kids its a Zack Snyder film enjoy it or shut up" .

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Right now I'm even giddier for the coming year...

I've heard the ToU trailer and now I think of Annabel as on par with Clowns after only a few seconds...

As well as gig giddiness I'm hopeful ill get to meet some frappers again like on 7T tour

I'm excited at possibly getting something signed by Goldfrapp..

My degree is nearly over thank God...

Sounds naff but I'm excited at maybe getting a new frapp official tshirt....

And I'm lying here obsessing over Tales Of Us and immersing myself in it like I did with Supernature and Tree.....

I'm sharing a lot of thoughts!!!
  • chokka said:

I'm sharing a lot of thoughts!!!

....and they all make perfect, and understandable, sense :)
  • Phew!!! I was in overdrive last night! I actually had trouble getting to sleep cos I had the snippets in my head!

I've put a mini playlist back in the iPod of this...

Utopia
    Strict Machine
    Satin Chic
    A&E
    Hunt
    Yellow Halo
    Melancholy Sky

That way each album is covered and the revision starts gradually :)
  • Feeling a little shattered as I was up rather late chatting with Alice as she is not in a good place due to Fathers Day looming :( and then got woken up stupid early by the dogs...By 2pm I will be curled up under a set of furniture at work I think.....I am blessed that she can talk to me about stuff though...
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!