Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Open and Closed
  • I've been to 9 frapp gigs... Soon to be 11... And I often speculate on upcoming setlists.

In your own head what tracks would make a great opener and a closer? For shows in general not necessarily the Manc ones.

I'd plump for Lovely 2 C U which I think has been criminally underused, to open.

And Rocket as a closer (never seen it live but Strict Machine is a tough act to follow)
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Opener: Utopia

Closer: Black Cherry. I know people often expect an up-tempo finale, but ending with BC worked at Cecil Sharp House... it worked very, very well IMHO :)

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-07 06:14:03
  • Opener: Utopia

Closer: Black Cherry. I know people often expect an up-tempo finale, but ending with BC worked at Cecil Sharp House... it worked very, very well IMHO :)

Agreed... I like to cool down after a killer gig.... Some People made an interesting conclusion at Bridgewater Hall.
  • It seems possible that they play only ToU, doesn't it?  Would that be too short a set?
  • Ten songs??? No that'd be far too short, there will old songs too... No idea what though.. probably ones that work well as orchestral..
  • Opener: Paper Bag - Start small, intimate and leave yourself plenty of places to go immediately afterwards.

Closer: Black Cherry - I've been to a Frapp show that did this and, like HJ, I think it was a really stunning way to end. It had some full-on tracks before it then the lights dropped and it was almost shocking as a finish. Very clever.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • chokka said:

Ten songs??? No that'd be far too short, there will old songs too... No idea what though.. probably ones that work well as orchestral..

I'm glad.  That's going to be a true knock-out concert!  Mmmm, good point about the orchestratic (?) involvement.  Yeah, I made that word up.... 
    :\">

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!