Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Please let us hear Road To Somewhere the Robin Guthrie remix....Alison please please please
  • thought i'd try again 5 years later....

i know since the record co. didn't think ROAD would make a good single, this is sitting around gathering dust....but as a long term Cocteau Twins fan, second only to Goldfrapp in my book.....i feel like this is a bit of a "holy grail"  item for me.....

Begging......
  • 14 Comments sorted by
  • Didn't know it existed.... Intriguing..
  • I emailed asking about it, he said that he doesn't know what's happening with the remix, it sort of was put out into the ether and got lost!

I wonder where that email went.
  • If it's anything like a typical Robin Guthrie job., all you should have to do is turn up the volume and the bass.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

If it's anything like a typical Robin Guthrie job., all you should have to do is turn up the volume and the bass.

guuuuurrrrrlllll please *hand*
  • stevil said:

Really, that was just a pot shot at his CT remasters. I've never heard an actual remix by him, as I'm not really into remixes anyhow.

• iuventus said:

stevil said:

Really, that was just a pot shot at his CT remasters. I've never heard an actual remix by him, as I'm not really into remixes anyhow.

that makes sense....re: remasters
    but re: his remixes...he always adds his own guitar work....gush :)
  • If it ever surfaces, please let me know. Much appreciated.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • of course...i won't rest till i hear it
  • It's gonna be a long night.

Have you just asked Robin?
  • oh i did that years ago.....he said it wasn't up to him :)
  • I'm sure he has a copy somewhere, no? You could have offered...an exchange of sorts.
  • he does...and he said it was "rather good"  if he did say so himself....but he of all people would respect the original owner's wishes.....
  • Pig.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!