Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • I was up at Dad's on Sunday with sis and all the dogs. We went for a lovely walk and found a gorgeous grassy area filled with Spotted Orchid and Twayblade....and a few sheep :)

imageimageimage
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • One of the lovely things about Maine, that I so appreciate, is the fact that the days, this time of the year, are about 17 hours.  And, I appreciate the winter, as well, since I damn near hibernate like a bear.  Or, maybe, more exactly, like the torpor of a squirrel.
  • Love your photos Whickwithy, everyone else very pleasing, but something truly tranquil about your surroundings there.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Thank you, Border_Mind.  As you can guess, I'm in total agreement.

The grove

I found, at last, my grove of peace within this frantic place
    A shelter from all pomp and rage and from the frightened pace
    Throughout this world, in which I live, abounds both love and grace
    A dell of life with gentle hand and, therein, lies the ace

• Nice

did you make that up on the spot or is it an oldie?
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-02 09:13:51
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Just come in from the garden...I have been watching about half a dozen Pipistrelle Bats zipping about...they are such amazing creatures the speed that they can turn etc.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • did you make that up on the spot or is it an oldie?

Not new, but it applies to an area behind the woods, right before you get to the marsh.
  • OMG, I wanna go to Maine so badly. Need to capture those lighthouses myself.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • i saw this fella on tumblr, every time this little dude sheds his skin it all comes off except the head bit which he's then forced to carry around for the rest of his life stacked up on top of each other. nature is a beautiful thing... image :-S
  • About three years ago, I bought sixty evegreen  trees that fit in something about the size of a Fed Ex envelope.  They are now going on six feet!.
  • got a silverbirch tree back in 1991 planted it in the garden in memory of my brother who past away that year it's well over 30feet tall now.... 
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • jozzy81 said:

got a silverbirch tree back in 1991 planted it in the garden in memory of my brother who past away that year it's well over 30feet tall now.... 

Sorry to hear, Jozzy.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Ping - I love that caterpillar with the stack of his own old heads as a hat. i'll have to try it myself.

Meanwhile, the Song Thrush at the bottom of the garden is still singing solidly between about 4am and 6.30. It must have something very important to say.

• there are caterpillars eating my buddleia. my bf hates them, i but think they're kind of cute. i don't want to kill them. as sad as my buddleia look right now. ill just let nature do its think.

on another note. my cat loved to watch the baby pidgeon nesting in next doors unused chimney pot. so much so, she has these little outbursts where i can only imagine its some kind of cat speak. ill have to post some of it on youtube for some of you to listen to. ive never heard a cat be so vocal before. lol
  • Ah yeah, the chattering of a cat wanting to kill, my cat does that to the pigeons here, she kind of gives the game away by her overexcited meowmeows.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!