Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Gossip from the Forest
  • 44 Comments sorted by
  • jozzy81 said:

Yep  can't edit for some reason either...

Weird.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • strange.... i can edit on some comments but not all....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Hope this feature will not be taken away from us.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • true i make lots of mistakes, & don't see them untill i've posted... also don't understand what some words mean... (should of learned more at school)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • English is not my native language either. I make a lot of mistakes too. Need to be able to edit my posts.

Admin, if you're reading this, please keep this feature.
  • English is my native language so i've got no excuse really...
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • jozzy81 said:

English is my native language so i've got no excuse really...

Shit happens.
  • indeed....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Don't feel bad. You can never know your own language 100%. I don't.
  • people said that barn owl's are rare around here where i live, well coming home the other morning around 12:50am i saw 6 of them on telegraph poles & heard others in tree's & fields..... beautiful sight
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Bump!  What happen to all of our nature enthusiasts lately?
  • Still here, WW. Forests come and go, of course. Here is one that came and went, yet is still here - the submerged forest of Borth, on Cardigan Bay. The tree stumps are exposed at very low tides, and date to around 1,500 BC. The legend has it that this was once the kingdom of Cantre'r Gwaelod, ruled over by Gwyddno Garanhir (Gwyddno Longshanks). The forest, and the land around it was exceptionally fertile and that those who lived on it were the happiest and most prosperous of the kingdom. However, every high tide, the land had to be protected by sluice gates, to prevent the sea from rushing in and drowning it.

One night, the man in charge of the sluice gates, Seithennin, was at a party. Some say he got so drunk that he forgot all about the sluice gates. Some that he met a beautiful woman and became so distracted by lust that he refused to leave her side to attend to the gates. In any case, that night, the sea rushed in and flooded the land of Cantre'r Gwaelod. The forest disappeared beneath the waves and all the people who lived there were either drowned or had to flee to live out their lives as refugees on the marginal lands of the kingdom. As a reminder of what can befall us if we fall too deeply under the spell of lust and wantonness, the sea reveals the drowned forest every month, and sometimes, the bells of the drowned churches of Gwaelod can be heard tolling out from the depths....

Post edited by whispered at 2017-02-19 06:16:26
  • Here's a pic I took of my local forest. The light does wonderful things here- it almost looks liquid at times.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2017-02-19 10:14:50
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • That sounds Gaelic, whispered?  Nice picture and interesting story, also.
  • That looks almost like a magical forest, PG.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!