Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
OMG?! Are those curls real?!
  • Seriously, though.

Seeing as we all agreed not to respond to the other thread, Mirror tries again.
    Thanks to everyone who contributed, hope you all had a good time.

One of the topics Mirror tried to address in the discussion, was the question of "Clay".
    However this somehow got lost in the ego-tripping.

Actually it goes further than "Clay", it is more about the whole concept behind Tales of Us.

Mirror's questions: can the singer use these 1:1 references?
    Given that the band has always written from personal experience, it seems quite a bold step to 
    change to representing other people's experience.

Also, not too long ago, the singer hinted on Twitter at not being terribly inspired and struggling around for words?
    Maybe the use of other people's stories offered a solution?

Mirror asks, should one be cautious in using the stories of other people?
  • 46 Comments sorted by
  • Nah fuck it, didnt do the bible any harm. Hang on a sec........
  • Maybe softlad should take the time to actually read the post.
    It was long established that Mirror is not a troll.
  • @Mirror Oh dear .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-01 15:20:37
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • lololololololololololol *deep intake of breath* *chokes on spit* coughcoughcoughcoughcough

Sorry about that, in the response of the question my answer is yes one can use other's for inspiration as we have already talked about in the clusterfuck of the other thread, maybe you missed those points or chose not to pay attention to them :) because of your own crusade of obfuscation.

• One can go far further than using the experience--or work--of others as inspiration. With proper permission or citation, one could easily use actual words, including quotations, names, and places.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • As long as it inspires groundbreaking work, little could i possibly care.

• Post edited by LuDux at 2013-07-01 18:23:38
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Oh my God, what is your problem?

• I do tend to wonder at the mentality of people that return a piece of shit thread like this to the top of the board. We ought to start noting user names for when the Revolution comes.  Hand me my rifle, it's propped up by the wall....

And no this post hasn't sent this thread to the top, it was already there.
  • Here's a suggestion: let's discuss this AFTER we heard the actual track/album
    Post edited by Dreeke at 2013-07-01 19:04:23
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • softlad said:

I do tend to wonder at the mentality of people that return a piece of shit thread like this to the top of the board. We ought to start noting user names for when the Revolution comes.  Hand me my rifle, it's propped up by the wall....

And no this post hasn't sent this thread to the top, it was already there.

You do realise by posting that here, you're kinda just as bad as everyone else, despite the thread being at the top or not?
    Post edited by Low at 2013-07-01 19:17:51

• Like a virus...
  • He only said "kinda," softlad.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!