Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • OK, so Im not in the best place to do this right now. Unless I focus on the parasitic and commensal flora and fauna of human bedding. Even so, I can see about 12 cm square of window, and occassionally a Swift hurtles past. Also, a Song Thrush is singing somewhere at the bottom of the garden.

The idea of this thread is for people to post observations, thoughts, pix, wonderings of the natural world. If you fancy.
    Post edited by whisperit at 2016-01-21 08:35:12
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • Bred in Captivity but still a happy story of sorts and incredibly cute, those Panda babies born in China today
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :)
    Close up of giant panda cubs lie in a crib at Chengdu Research Base in China

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Today I threw a plum outside for birds to peck at. And my cat is watching the birdies all the time. Those are my observations of the day. Also this thread rocks!

Also so many nettles.
  • Oooo - and if anyone comes across any Hairy Trees....
  • My cats are starting to have a wobbly at each other, nothing new there but I better make sure they are nice to each other
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I had a baby praying mantis living on my Thai basil plant. On day four of our friendship, she was devoured by a jumping spider.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • there's a green woodpecker moved into the playing field next to my house, surprised to see it there cause they normally seem a bit shy of people.
  • Found an injured fledgling blackbird in the back garden. Jack the cat being the likely culprit. Took it the vet but not too hopeful they could do much for it.

Later that afternoon he snatched another, the little bugger! Took that to the vet too. I believe they were siblings.

I have to say, it's a rare thing for my cat to catch and/or kill things.. or at least to bring them home. 2 in one day was a shocker. :(

• Aww poor little Black birds.  Very good of you to try and save them.  

A very cute rabbit/hare was hopping around my office the other day, lovely.
  • Well, you did say pix.  These are a few from around my house in autumn.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-07-22 13:32:58
  • If you quote me, PLEASE take the pictures out.

• softlad said:

Very well done, indeed!
  • Beautiful trees @Whickwithy.

Perfect location to shoot 'Gone to Earth' video.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

Beautiful trees @Whickwithy.

Thanks, Alan.  That, the beaches, and the cool weather are the main reasons I'm still here.  Of course, a friend of mine and I are convinced that it will warm up and become a favorite beach resort, like the Med, soon enough.  Errr, what's "Gone to Earth"?

• Alan said:

Beautiful trees @Whickwithy.

Thanks, Alan.  That, the beaches, and the cool weather are the main reasons I'm still here.  Of course, a friend of mine and I are convinced that it will warm up and become a favorite beach resort, like the Med, soon enough.  Errr, what's "Gone to Earth"?

It's a b-side:

Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  •  My grass needs cutting , please rain .

This is a shot from the top of Caerphilly Mountain , Cardiff is behind me and we`re looking down into Caerphilly , I took the shot as a landscape but also to show the natural layout of the land and the patchwork quilt of the different fields that have existed for centuries . Its one of those panning pictures .

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-02 04:33:27
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!