Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • I don't remember this category existing.  Maybe I missed if.  Funny timing, since I seldom watch videos of any kind any longer and I sure don't watch American TV (commercials make me physically ill any more).

But, dying for EEAAO to come out on DVD.  But...

Gotta love Luc Besson.  If you liked Nikita, you'll love ANNA (written and directed by LB).  "Bitch".
  • 15 Comments sorted by
  • I've started watching Pistol on Disney+ (all about the Sex Pistols) and it's actually not that bad. It's based on a book by one of the members, so you know not to take everything as gospel, as it's a drama series. But still, I'd like to think it paints a good impression about what was going on during that time.
  • I don’t know how late we are to this party, as it’s already on season 4, but we’ve started watching Stranger Things from the start. Don’t normally watch things with child actors in it (we don’t have any kids ourselves) but this is very watchable as the kids are used to keep the plot moving along for the adults to react to.
    Sort of X Files meets Super 8.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • "Sort of X Files meets Super 8".  Ha!  Love it.
  • I don’t know how late we are to this party, as it’s already on season 4, but we’ve started watching Stranger Things from the start. Don’t normally watch things with child actors in it (we don’t have any kids ourselves) but this is very watchable as the kids are used to keep the plot moving along for the adults to react to.

Sort of X Files meets Super 8.

Great timing UT. Season 4 is an even bigger step up. One of the few TV shows that has really impressed me this year.

• Series 2 & 3 of Stranger Things wasn't the best. Still good, but Series 4 has been a really big improvement.

A couple of days ago i discovered this series called One Mississippi over on Disney+ and i've absolutely loved it. It's loosely based on the main character Tig Notaro who i'm only familiar with in Star Trek Discovery (which she's brilliant in) it's a very dry/dark comedy which i always find unusual when it's American. You don't get a lot of comedy series in the same vein. Anyway, there's two seires (6 episodes in each) and each episode is around the 25min mark. So I finished it pretty quickly. Overall i absolutely loved it.

• Loved One Mississippi -- sentimental and heartbreaking, yet hilarious. Have you seen her stand-up bit about Taylor Dayne?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Loved One Mississippi -- sentimental and heartbreaking, yet hilarious. Have you seen her stand-up bit about Taylor Dayne?

I haven't, i will go and try and look for it on the tube! :D
  • If I ever get around to purchasing an online streaming service, it would have to be Disney+.  If nothing else, but for the Beatles documentary.  Love to find Loved One and Archipelago, also.  Like I don't watch enough videos, without tv or streaming...
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2022-06-19 08:34:25
  • If I ever get around to purchasing an online streaming service, it would have to be Disney+.  If nothing else, but for the Beatles documentary.  Love to find Loved One and Archipelago, also.  Like I don't watch enough videos, without tv or streaming...

The Beatles doc on Disney+ is amazing. I honestly didn't want it to end! Pistol is a new (I'm assuming) one off series about the sex pistols, and I found it fascinating.

Finished the Obi Wan series today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 
  • I don't know the Sex Pistols at all.  So, no joy there.  I'm sure it's my loss.  Now that I'm into more thoughtful music, like London Grammar and ... London Grammar, I don't think there's any going back.  Funny.  I started with Moody Blues long ago but, somehow, derailed.
  • I don't know the Sex Pistols at all.  So, no joy there.  I'm sure it's my loss.  Now that I'm into more thoughtful music, like London Grammar and ... London Grammar, I don't think there's any going back.  Funny.  I started with Moody Blues long ago but, somehow, derailed.

Looking at the sex pistols. It's less about the music tbf and more about the punk movement and how that all kicked off. They were pretty much a flash in a pan band, but the controversy surrounding them has pretty much solidified them as a band that won't really be forgotten.
  • Looking at the sex pistols. It's less about the music tbf and more about the punk movement and how that all kicked off. They were pretty much a flash in a pan band, but the controversy surrounding them has pretty much solidified them as a band that won't really be forgotten. 

Now it sounds interesting!  ;~)  You don't work for Disney, do you?

Honestly?  Documentaries that sound interesting?  How weird is that?

Then, again, I remember going into Waterstones one time.  I was shocked how many interesting and serious books were on display.  Never happen in the U.S.  It has to be shoot-em-up, dripping hearts, or pompous know-it-all experts.  Except maybe Powell's.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2022-06-26 05:13:03
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Looking at the sex pistols. It's less about the music tbf and more about the punk movement and how that all kicked off. They were pretty much a flash in a pan band, but the controversy surrounding them has pretty much solidified them as a band that won't really be forgotten. 

Now it sounds interesting!  ;~)  You don't work for Disney, do you?

Honestly?  Documentaries that sound interesting?  How weird is that?

Then, again, I remember going into Waterstones one time.  I was shocked how many interesting and serious books were on display.  Never happen in the U.S.  It has to be shoot-em-up, dripping hearts, or pompous know-it-all experts.  Except maybe Powell's.

Ha! lol. No, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how much is available on Disney+ that isn't just their animations and live action films. Now that National Geographic and Star fall under the umbrella, there's quite a bit of choice.

@Ludux that SNL skit was great! :D
  • What a great history lesson for someone that completely missed the whole punk scene!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!