Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 51 Comments sorted by
  • I just finally got a turntable after decades.  I had bought a London Grammar LP set a long time ago to which I had never listened (Cailfornia Soil).

I was blown away.  They had this 10" LP that had three songs not released in the CD.  They are such fine tracks!  Yet, they are not available anywhere else!  All three of the tracks seem so essential London Grarmmar and pure Ministry Of Sound.  Maybe more than any other tracks.  Two are Bangles covers but, still, fine, fine music.  The original is ... Wow!

I guess it made purchasing the turntable worthwhile.  There is something about the analog sound of an LP.  I can't put a finger on it but it is nice.

I just thought you might be interested in finding the LP, cookiee_munster.

Sounds awesome! may have to have a look for it on discogs! :)

Edit - And that should be arriving sometime next week :p
    Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2022-05-26 18:28:14
  • I have to admit that an album sounds as good or maybe better than even lossless.  I got both for FATM Dance Fever and they both sound great.  Big difference is I can put the AAC files in a playlist.
  • Does anyone know why artists don't sell AAC and FLAC files alongside their MP3 files?  It seems to me that they could charge a hell of a lot more for those files and songs that sound crisp and clean that you can put in a playlist.  I'd pay a hell of a lot more.
  • Does anyone know why artists don't sell AAC and FLAC files alongside their MP3 files?  It seems to me that they could charge a hell of a lot more for those files and songs that sound crisp and clean that you can put in a playlist.  I'd pay a hell of a lot more.

This option I've not seen for a while. It seemed to be available for more audiophile type music. I hate to put a label on it, but you wouldn't see pop/rock songs with this option. It's more of the alternative/electronic scene where this option would be available. But yeah, i've not seen it available for a while.
  • It seems like anyone that puts out an album should also put out high fidelity digital!  I thought maybe it was some legal thing that prevented them from making it available.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!