Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Rescheduled gigs for Felt Mountain 20th anniversary tour
  • 86 Comments sorted by
  • You guys sound almost giggly.  It is very annoying.   ;~j
  • SueL said:

Newbie here! I saw them in Birmingham on Wednesday and what a show! It’d been 12 years since I last saw them (

Welcome SueL. Elliot said you would be along. Happy to make your acquaintance. I saw them at De La Warr Pavilion, Cambridge & the first night at the Royal Festival Hall. What a fantastic show they all were.
    It’s a bit quiet on here at the moment but it’s made by those that continue to come here. Any advice on how things work, just sing out & someone will help out. Have a flick through the list of posts & let us know more about yourself if you want to. 
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

• Did you take part in the group photo afterwards BM?
    There were a number of people who were there that I didn’t recognise, at least by their names on this forum?

I’m out of the loop Urban so didn’t hear about it, I hope it was fun 

It was. I will try to find a way to post it here but it means uploading it to some photo site. There were about 24 people in the photo but it seems there were other old friends there, like yourself, that we were unaware of.
    If you want to get into the loop again, there is a FaceBook group (I don’t do FB personally but the Wife does) and there is a Messenger group. 
  • The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2022-04-17 17:25:51
  • Yay! Did it!
    Hope you can all see it. 
  • This is the one from the end of the Silver Eye tour at Brixton O2 academy in 2017. A few common faces between the two.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2022-04-17 17:29:43
  • Having been lucky to see two of the Felt Mountain dates, I am a bit obsessed again with Goldfrapp. Such wonderful (electric) tunes I had forgotten, this evenings listening pleasure has included Felt Mountain, Black Cherry and Silver Eye.

On a slightly different note, why do people go to a gig only to talk through it, happened at both shows I attended, if they want to chat why not go to the bar and not annoy the rest of us.
  • You see?  Absolutely giggly!
  • I’ve now uploaded all the video I took at the recent Felt Mountain gigs I attended to YouTube to Lisa’s account. (just search for Lisa Rippon). I’ve also combined some of mine with Appy61’s & have compiled a virtual Felt Mountain 20th Anniversary gig. Just click the link to view. The one I did for the Silver Eye tour is still up there as well, just look under Playlists.
    Enjoy!
  • Did anyone here go to the Nottingham gig?

It would have been nice to have met up with some people from here. My anxiety was at an "ok" level by the time I actually got to the venue. I had a friend with me who was great at keeping me calm.

We sat next to these people that glued to their phones. Throughout the support act didn't even acknowledge them and by the time Frapp came on they spent all their time watching the show through their phones... is this really what the world has come to?

My friend got some great pictures, and each to their own I guess, but as soon as I'm sat down my phone goes on flight mode and goes in my bag I want to experience the whole thing without distraction.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!