Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Felt Mountain GOLD Vinyl edition
  • Well pre-ordered one, anyone else getting a copy?.......And where is the box set

Post edited by nuwebb at 2022-02-07 06:05:29
  • 15 Comments sorted by
  •  the title of the booklet of "exclusive sleeve notes" is Goldfrapp Part one The making of Felt Mountain.

Perhaps they are going to release a 20th anniversary edition of Black Cherry with a booklet called Part two the making of Black Cherry ? (surely not so close to the recent reissue in purple (2019 ?))
    Post edited by elmstead at 2022-04-01 19:57:57
  • I’m surprised this isn’t more elaborate… no remixes or alternate versions? No unreleased tracks? I thought this one was going to be extra special for the fans. God knows there’s been plenty of time to prepare.
  • Yeh that was my thought-no box set! The reading on the official mute site reads like there’s just these two versions being released.

Strange too that there’s no announcement anywhere else, either on Goldfrapp or Alison’s socials
  • Jeez louise... i send a link to my email so i can purchase it after my shift and it's already sold out! :(
  • It's described as a gatefold special edition, gold vinyl with exclusive sleeve notes.
    So probably doesn't even have the art print like the other reissues ??
  • Cookie. Did you try Townsend Music? I bought one there last night & it still appears to be in stock
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Cookie. Did you try Townsend Music? I bought one there last night & it still appears to be in stock

Thanks for reaching out on Twitter. It's since been re-stocked for anyone still interested.

Also to note, is there's also a re-release of the CD.
  • well the FM Gold vinyl ani't very Gold is it
  • Haven’t got mine yet, it still with the postman somewhere. Expecting it Monday.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Finally ! the Gold vinyl Felt Mountain arrived today (having taken 5 days to get from Brighton to Bromley)
    and...
    1) You're right it's not very gold - its clear vinyl with a crinkled "goldish" hue. Why ?
    I know I shouldn't admit this but I prefer the White vinyl from 2015.
    2) Yes its a gatefold cover (but inside its a rather familiar mountain view) and the inner sleeve is the same as before (snowy trees on one side, credits and lyrics on the reverse) Again I'm sadly underwhelmed
    3) Yes its a "special edition" , but the special edition cd in 2000 came with a bonus disc which rounded up B-sides, remixes and a "trip to felt mountain". 2022s special edition has not even one extra track (when they could have included 4 session tracks, a concert in Vienna, an interview.....)
    and what's worse ?
    4) The selling point this time round is the "exclusive sleeve notes". An interesting read, but the biggest disappointment is that the booklet for the cd has five (cd size) pictures of Alison and one of the back of Will's head. So I've been waiting (since Friday when I got the cd) to see how these look in their 12 inch glory......but NO ! The lp booklet (which is lp sized) has None of these 6 pictures (unless you count the labels on the lp) Instead we get more pictures of ... Mountains and Snowy trees.
    I know its called felt mountain but Alison's look changes with each lp .and the pictures in the cd booklet capture the mood of this lp. (but sadly they haven't included the red shoes and bluebells shot (from the cover of Human 12 inch)).
    A missed opportunity.
    At least the songs sound great.
    Post edited by elmstead at 2022-03-28 09:12:13
  • Someone pointed this out to me, I'm not sure where it is exactly (I've not opened mine) but somewhere it says "part one" what does this meannnnnnnnn?
  • but I have a question too....
    Why does the Mountain Hiker on the back cover only appear on the cd version ? She doesn't appear on either of the white and gold vinyl versions .
  • Is the new reissue prone to the same audio quality/compression issues of the white reissue from a few years back? I remember seeing a lot of complaints about it paling in comparison to the original pressing back then.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2022-04-12 22:02:40
  • elmstead said:

Finally ! the Gold vinyl Felt Mountain arrived today (having taken 5 days to get from Brighton to Bromley)

and...
    1) You're right it's not very gold - its clear vinyl with a crinkled "goldish" hue. Why ?
    I know I shouldn't admit this but I prefer the White vinyl from 2015.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2022-04-15 06:11:52
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I think one is really had pressed to find a “pure gold” coloured vinyl. The only gold vinyl that came to my mind, which I don’t own is The Cult - Electric, and upon inspection that’s actually a picture disc. I do have an L7 “platinum” coloured vinyl, which is just basically clear vinyl with a bit off an off hue. It might be something in the manufacturing process that makes it harder to achieve solid gold. Perhaps the white vinyl sounds better from being 180g as opposed to 140g as in the Gold‘s case.

It’s alright, cynic in me says cash grab, but hey ho Goldfrapp on vinyl you can’t go wrong really
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!