Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Rescheduled gigs for Felt Mountain 20th anniversary tour
  • 86 Comments sorted by
  • As always, the show was well worth the wait! Hearing Hairy Trees live is something I never thought I'd experience given its short life in live sets, I'm so glad it's been brought back :)>-

Worth arriving early to catch the support act Salt Ashes too, they killed it. I bought both albums after the show (which she very kindly signed for me) and I'll definitely be keeping my eye on them!
  • Usher Hall was great, despite the two next to me talking through most of it, till someone told them to be quiet! 
  • LuDux said:

I have come to the logical conclusion that Alison Goldfrapp is ageing backwards.

• Nice little behind the scenes with Hazel

Post edited by rewak at 2022-04-11 19:08:48
  • 6 live vids uploaded to Lisa’s YouTube channel from Sunday’s Bexhill De La Warr pavilion gig.

More from last nights Cambridge Corn Exchange gig being uploaded there later today.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2022-04-12 09:26:26
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • If you go on the Goldfrapp Music instagram account and look at the live feed video they posted of Strict Machine from last night, have a close look 28 seconds from the end when the camera turns on the crowd. That’s me & Lisa (in the face mask) at the barrier. It was filmed by Peter Culley, who was crouched just below us the other side of the barrier.
  • I thought I'd forgotten my password but it was there, somewhere in the memory bank! The current tour is a joy and hearing songs again that they hadn't played for around 20 years has been magical, aided by a truly wonderful sound mix (thanks to Will).
    The first gig usually makes the lasting impression and I was so glad that I was at The Sage in Gateshead. The set list included A&E, Cologne Cerrone Houdini and Drew, which were dropped at subsequent gigs in favour of an encore trio of Anymore, RAWH and Strict Machine. I guess most of the audience needed those (I was also at the Edinburgh and Manchester gigs and there was a raucous response and dancing) but The Sage setlist was absolutely fine by me.
    Looking forward to the London gigs. I wonder if we'll see anything special there.
  • Maybe the 2nd encore Keith! That Keytar was there for a reason last night.
  • I’m so happy for you all to be able to see them live once more! My god, does the band ever sound great (Alison’s looking incredible - that hair and makeup!!! - and sounding stronger than ever, even nailing Anymore which sometimes appears to be a tough one to sing for her).

Personally, all I’m hoping for is for them to play Sartorius. Just once even, at like the final show to close it all out. People would go ballistic. They could even release it with the unreleased FM tracks, newly re-recorded, as an EP to tide over the wait for 8. Otherwise maybe, just maybe, they’ll do a “Felt Mountain: Chapter II” or “Felt Summit” sequel for the next album.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2022-04-13 00:01:58
  • Last night RFH, that was what I call a show, maybe the best I’ve seen Goldfrapp…

At the time of the ticket purchase  almost three years ago, I was disappointed with the apparently worst seats in the venue, baring in mind it was in the presale, seats in the back row were the only available, and we begrudgingly went for it.. What it lacks for in being up close with a view, actually the view is amazing, not least it’s a beautiful room in the RFH, but the acoustics are simply stunning up there. I’ve been nearer to the stage on other occasions at the RFH but never heard sound quite like it from being up there, amazing audio experience, I wish my stereo was anywhere near that good.

What an amazing  set,  very diverse, a good idea not to play Felt Mountain in order, that worked really well. The band are just superb, love this line up

So glad we were able to get there in the end…

It’s a million years since coming on this  forum, hello one and all 

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2022-04-15 12:11:36
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • We were there on the 14th too. Up in the balcony, row M, tickets obtained in the presale. The view was distant, but nowhere near as far as the O2 7 having just completed two Frapp gig standing right on the barrier at the front, it was different, less frenetic. Acoustics were fine as well but what do you expect from a venue purpose built for Symphonies?
    I haven’t even viewed the video i took from up there to see if it is any good but if so, they will be up on Lisa’s YouTube site soon as with all the others. I’m trying for a virtual concert as I did with the Silver Eye tour and will let you all know once it’s done. 
  • has anyone done any full gig audio recordings, if so im up for a trade, drop me a PM...thanks
    Post edited by nuwebb at 2022-04-16 08:42:04
  • Last night RFH, that was what I call a show, maybe the best I’ve seen Goldfrapp…

At the time of the ticket purchase  almost three years ago, I was disappointed with the apparently worst seats in the venue, baring in mind it was in the presale, seats in the back row were the only available, and we begrudgingly went for it.. What it lacks for in being up close with a view, actually the view is amazing, not least it’s a beautiful room in the RFH, but the acoustics are simply stunning up there. I’ve been nearer to the stage on other occasions at the RFH but never heard sound quite like it from being up there, amazing audio experience, I wish my stereo was anywhere near that good.

What an amazing  set,  very diverse, a good idea not to play Felt Mountain in order, that worked really well. The band are just superb, love this line up

So glad we were able to get there in the end…

It’s a million years since coming on this  forum, hello one and all 

Did you take part in the group photo afterwards BM?
    There were a number of people who were there that I didn’t recognise, at least by their names on this forum?

• Did you take part in the group photo afterwards BM?
    There were a number of people who were there that I didn’t recognise, at least by their names on this forum?

I’m out of the loop Urban so didn’t hear about it, I hope it was fun 
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Newbie here! I saw them in Birmingham on Wednesday and what a show! It’d been 12 years since I last saw them (

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!