Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 44 Comments sorted by
  • Looking back they rarely gave any feat. credits for singers except for Robyn. (sometimes in meta data though)
    Be patient.
  • Completely scatterbrained and delusional approach to “releasing” this track. More than a few people rightfully pissed off and tired of the sliver-of-carrot-on-a-stick nonsense. They ought to give their heads a shake and egos a few less strokes.

Most notably, they should be giving Alison the goddamn credit she deserves in their posts. Leaving a very sour taste. It should not be all about them.

On another note, I wonder if this was the music Alison was mentioning working on a while back when she told a fan online (Insta?) that it wasn’t an album?

Very certain the music she’s working on now is for the 8th album, however. 2023 release prediction from way back remains solid as ever.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2022-01-31 02:31:09
  • Alison keeps linking to their website in her Instagram story and I keep thinking I'm missing something, like the song is hidden there  :))

• Post edited by HolyOwl at 2022-01-31 12:01:03
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

I laughed at the little footer in your post HolyOwl haha. Patience is a virtue I do not seem to have anymore.

• Haha already forgot about (and gave up on) it.
    It’s not visible on mobile version for me.

As Marina once sang:
    Good things come to those who wait
    But I ain't in a patient phase
    Anyways … off topic.
    Be patient.
  • Well - it is finally out in some places and I LURVVVV it. So nice to hear Alison’s voice singing something new after all this time. NEED. MORE. NOW. :)
  • I thought today was the 2nd for some reason lol. I must say though, I'm glad to see a good bit of activity on here even for just Alison featuring on one single. There's life in the forum yet!

• Just heard it. So good hearing some fresh goldfrapp vocals.another top Royskopp track
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • What a major BOP. This is going straight on the running playlist.

• I did exactly the same today and ran like never before hah!
    Be patient.
  • Great track. Her vocals and those high notes… straight-up Utopia/Slippage (heh)/Fifth Element vibes. And Alison hinting that more is coming soon…. I don’t think it’s Royksopp related at all, either.

Feels like album 8 needs more time in the oven. Perhaps she’s doing some experimental solo stuff on the side?

Painted a bookshelf while listening to this. It looks like I had a psychotic breakdown while doing so. Would definitely do it again (maybe I’ll put on Let it Take you for a saner second coat…)
    Post edited by Slippage at 2022-02-02 17:49:03
  • It's great! I have no idea how many times I've listened to it. :)
  • When I was in the studio last night (every Tuesday evening at least)  I had a chance to check out Alison’s vocal on ‘Impossible’ & I was pleased to discover that that top note she hits around the middle & then onwards was a C#6, so only a couple of notes below the E6 required to perform Utopia. As she had Covid last year, good to hear it does not seem to have affected her voice!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • This track is doing great business on the radio. It’s been on the BBC 6 music playlist for weeks.
    Anyone else noticed that around the middle, before Alison starts to go up her register, the synth voices in the background are very close in timbre & feel to those used 30 years ago on ‘A Secret Wish’ by Propaganda?
    Didn’t notice it at first but now I have, I keep getting thrown back to that great album.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!