Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp "Copy Cats"
  • I saw someone posted a video on a thread somewhere about a Goldfrapp "copy cat". I can't seem to find it again, but it got me interested. Do you know of any songs/artists that sounds like a Goldfrapp "copy cat"? 

(Angela, sorry to bring cats into this)
    Post edited by christianxvii at 2017-05-31 12:34:04
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • In terms of Goldfrapp's "upbeat songs/directions," here are a few songs off the top of my head that sound like bootlegged Goldfrapp lol...

GRANTED, I feel like Goldfrapp wouldn't sound "Goldfrapp" (from the Black Cherry era) without this song from 1981 (originally a 1979 Cuddly Toys' song [David Bowie / Marc Bolan]) ...

AND, I feel like Shiny and Warm would sound different if this song didn't exist...

:D
    Post edited by ryanraymedina at 2017-05-31 19:48:03
  • Ooh Rachel Stevens! I was a huge S Club 7 fan :) I first discovered Goldfrapp on Rachel's MySpace page. I haven't listened to R.S. in forever, but I recently started listening to "come and get it" again, and I can totally hear the Goldfrapp influence. :)
  • In terms of Goldfrapp's "upbeat songs/directions," here are a few songs off the top of my head that sound like bootlegged Goldfrapp lol...

GRANTED, I feel like Goldfrapp wouldn't sound "Goldfrapp" (from the Black Cherry era) without this song from 1981 (originally a 1979 Cuddly Toys' song [David Bowie / Marc Bolan]) ...

AND, I feel like Shiny and Warm would sound different if this song didn't exist...

:D

Didn't Goldfrapp work with Christina on this/album?
  • "I got very into Goldfrapp
    and I was like, ‘I can do this music too!’. I can do one song, I
    definitely couldn’t pull off what Alison [Goldfrapp does], she’s the
    absolute Queen." Adele
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • I love Kylie, and I love this song. But every time I watch this video all I can think of is the person who directed this video had frapp subconsciously in the back of their mind. Because I get strong Alive/Supernature vibes from the visuals in this vid.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!