Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Covid 19
  • 46 Comments sorted by
  • Was this a surprise?
    Joking aside, we haven’t heard from @PonyGurl recently. I do hope all is ok.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I do see tweet’s from @A_is_A every now and then so all is well there it seems.
  • No surprise. I'd been planning it since late March; wanting it much longer.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I get my second stabbing this Friday.
  • <3
  • Am I witnessing shade here?
  • How did it go, @cookiee_munster?
  • iuventus said:

How did it go, @cookiee_munster?

Yeah, it was fine. A bit of a longer wait due to people getting their first stab. But yeah, in and out as quick as anything. No side effects this time compared to the first time (I felt like crap for a day) :)

Thanks for asking! (((HUGGGGS)))
  • I have my 2nd later this afternoon. Lisa had her 2nd a month ago. No issues with hers, I’ll let you know how mine is tomorrow.
  • <3
  • Only thing to report is I feel a bit under the weather today & my shoulders & neck are sore.
  • Same. Plus, I had a very mild fever and felt a bit off -- cranky at worst.

I'm glad to hear that you and Mrs UT, as well as Cookiee, are all set <3 <3 <3
    Post edited by iuventus at 2021-05-25 16:51:21
  • It is they only sensible path for people who have a fully functioning frontal lobe and who’s knuckles are not dragging on the ground.
  • Triple-vaxxed (Pfizer) here in Ottawa. Husband works as a dietary aid in a private long term care facility and has three as well. If anyone’s heard about the Nazi invader redneck psychopaths making our frigid capital a hellish wasteland, it’s not over yet (lol just reminded myself of Alison’s cover of that song by Klaxons - beautiful track). But we’re holding on. Would be nice to walk our beagle without people frightening her or going ballistic on us.

Freeloading (pays zero anything) roomie of the tenant downstairs in our humble triplex has no vaccines period, but he happily made accommodations for one upside-down (well, sideways) flag. Now our neighbours think we’re evil. Husband, being from a small indigenous village in Mexico with its own language (Teneek), felt deeply hurt and uncomfortable upon seeing it today, and I’m fuming. Landlord trying to justify it/not willing to deal with it and doesn’t like to ruffle feathers, so to hell with them both. We’re looking for a new home. One that feels like it. It’s an unplanned expense, but the cost is greater in staying, in many ways.

Amidst the stress and exhaustion, I’ve had Goldfrapp albums on rotation more frequently as of late. Gone to Earth, Road to Somewhere (Acoustic), Let it Take You (a personal favourite), and Melancholy Sky/Yellow Halo have been getting plenty of action; something has to remain a constant form of solace in all of this. Trying to stay positive, but it’s getting harder with each new challenge added to the mountain.

Still, I ain’t giving up. Not after all of this. Stay safe and patient, everyone. It will end!

Post edited by Slippage at 2022-01-31 03:03:32
  • Best of luck with your situation.  I had been using London Grammar of late to stay stable (especially Call Your Friends) but just switched to my chill playlist which, of course, includes Goldfrapp.

Well, actually, I've also been ranting to various media for missing the big picture.  Why is it not plastered all over creation exactly what would have happened if we had not had vaccines.  I think some bounds could be put on the subject.  We could already see the tip of the iceberg by the time vaccines became available.  The damage to civilization if we had not throttled covid would have been massive.  We already know that it tripped up certain industries, like shipping.  More will become evident.

It seems to me that it would be easy to extrapolate what would have happened to civilization if we had not had the vaccine.  It would have been bad.  It seems certain it would have made the plague look like a cakewalk.

Anyways, all of the shit that the west puts up with from numb-nuts like your downstairs neighbor makes one question the whole idea of free speech.  Why everyone affiliated with Fox Netwrok is not in jail or, at least shut down, (as well as Facebook and Spotify) is beyond me.  I'd really rather see the jackals all jailed.

I am still fascinated by the way in which England seems to have booted Rupert, the miserable beast, from its shores.  Even more fascinating to me is the Bond movie that pretty clearly intended to portray the intentions of that miserable beast.

I am convinced that part of the problem is that rational people just try to get on with their llives rather than drooling over vicious media attacks.

That's my rant for a while...

Thanks for giving me an excuse to let loose, Slippage.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2022-01-31 08:48:42

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!