Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Seventh Tree - 2021 Reissue Yellow Vinyl

• I guess this weekend it'll be announced by the band?

• 12 Comments sorted by
  • OK, I might just have ordered 2 !
    Thanks for the heads up Cookie.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • You've all probably seen it, but it's now available to Pre-order via the main site here
  • Where it seems to include a large poster in the bundle!
  • Head First next then, what colour.....shocking Pink would be good
  • nuwebb said:

Head First next then, what colour.....shocking Pink would be good

If it were like a pink and blue splatter that would be cool. but yeah, i'm either expecting pink or blue :)

What i'm more curious about is what colour they'll for for tales of us. they've already done white for felt mountain, and black isn't very original. Out of tales of us i can't really pull a colour from that release...
  • Pink would be logical and also great - I'm loving that all the Goldfrapp vinyls have different colours.

I was also wondering will they bother with Tales of Us or Silver Eye? They're not quite as old. Head First will probably be done because of its age but I don't see Alison or Will giving that album as much love as some of the others that have been reissued 
    :P

Btw cookiee_munster, as it happens the original Tales of Us vinyl I have is black. I guess it's the only colour that fits. Though with that said the Silver Eye vinyl is clear, so anything's possible.
    Post edited by Low at 2021-03-10 12:09:49

• had a thought, would'nt it be nice if mute produced a nice slipcase for all the colour vinyl reissued LP's to go in, i would buy that, would anyone else?
  • I’m cynical enough atm to think that when all are released, a special box set/slipcase addition may be made available.
  • nuwebb said:

had a thought, would'nt it be nice if mute produced a nice slipcase for all the colour vinyl reissued LP's to go in, i would buy that, would anyone else?

HELL YEAH! :D
  • hmmm, i'm not even sure they would do head first - copies are not very hard to come by and sell for cheaper than on original release. the others were all rather limited and expensive secondhand before the reissues. they weren't really deluxe editions or even remastered so i'm not sure it'll continue as a series.

that said, it would be nice to continue for consistency! a nice cool blue...
  • A lot of Artists are doing this. I a huge fan of Toyah Willcox from my early days is the 80’s & she’s been re-releasing all her albums from her Safari days. I think she sold the rights to a company called Cherry Red but she’s heavily involved in the production of these & they are very expansive; coloured vinyl for the LP’s & triple CD’s with the original albums, a 2nd one of out-takes & demos/alternative versions, a DVD with film from the times & booklets with all kinds of interesting info. Very reasonably priced & they are going down a storm.
  • The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!